Riverside on the James

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if the MeadWestVaCo announcement wasn't great news alone, I have some other great news. While running past ROTJ this morning I saw big signs posted in the retail section of the business tower: "BLACKFINN RESTAURANT & SALOON Coming Soon". Finally things look like they'll be happening down there.

As if the MeadWestVaCo announcement wasn't great news alone, I have some other great news. While running past ROTJ this morning I saw big signs posted in the retail section of the business tower: "BLACKFINN RESTAURANT & SALOON Coming Soon". Finally things look like they'll be happening down there.

Shak, you sly puss (as Bette Davis said in ALL ABOUT EVE) You sure know how to keep secrets. :ph34r: How many others do you have up your sleeve? This is super news about M/WV. I had always suspected that if they built on the riverfront the height would not exceed nine or ten floors. They have lots of land for a more horizontal structure down there.

This will be good reason for Centennial to rethink a higher building and perhaps it will encourage a W, Westin or Sheraton hotel somewhere downtown.

And forgive me for correcting those of you who called the site "Foundry" Park. Don't know where I got it in my mind that the name was "Founders".

The new ROTJ announcement about BLACKFIN RESTAURANT AND SALOON in Troutman Sanders Building and upcoming BLANC BLEU in the Power Plant will enliven Haxall. I wish they would move two of the canal boat fleet from Kanawa to Haxall to run water taxi service between the new M/WV and ROTJ.

It's a good news day - M/WV, ROTJ and Webb's victory!!! Almost too much to bear. :yahoo:

I love the idea however, it would probably be more practical when the canal walk is extended and if they ever join the two canals together. Otherwise, you can walk to your destination faster than getting on a boat and riding to your next canal walk destination.

• 4 months later...

BLACKFINN appears to be nearing completion on the ground level of the office tower at ROTJ, but not a single sign of work in the Power Plant which is supposed to be transformed into BLANC BLEU. The applications for liquor license are yellowing with age on the door of the immense and very empty building.

• 1 month later...
BLACKFINN appears to be nearing completion on the ground level of the office tower at ROTJ, but not a single sign of work in the Power Plant which is supposed to be transformed into BLANC BLEU. The applications for liquor license are yellowing with age on the door of the immense and very empty building.

Welcome, Hank. You've been absent from RCW as well.

Yea, the ABC posting has been on the Power Plant since last October, and if you read carefully, you'll note that it will be a project (if ever) of CB5 restaurant corporation. The proposed name for the restaurant is BLANC BLEU.

The web page for BLACKFINN is posted above on this page.

Received this in an e-mail from BlackFinn:

Park at BlackFinn for Friday Cheers

ONLY $1!

Our brand new parking deck is only one block from Brown's Island!

Take the elevator to the lobby and check out the future home of BlackFinn Restaurant and Saloon. A member of the BlackFinn staff will be there to validate your parking ticket.

We will be serving food everyday from 11:30am to 2:00am starting in early June.

In case anybody is wondering Friday Cheers begins tomorrow!!

Received this in an e-mail from BlackFinn:

Park at BlackFinn for Friday Cheers

ONLY $1!

Our brand new parking deck is only one block from Brown's Island!

Take the elevator to the lobby and check out the future home of BlackFinn Restaurant and Saloon. A member of the BlackFinn staff will be there to validate your parking ticket.

We will be serving food everyday from 11:30am to 2:00am starting in early June.

In case anybody is wondering Friday Cheers begins tomorrow!!

Don't you think they will have validated free parking for Blackfinn customers? Maybe that's why the office deck says no free parking on weekends because they have a deal with the restaurant which might use up a lot of the space.

Is Blackfinn going to have entertainment, Hank? I sort of gathered that from the web site.

now the office parking deck is NO LONGER FREE on the weekends. what is the incentive to come to ROTJ when they put in restaurants etc. when you have to pay to park, and pay to eat.

ahhh i love money gouging corporations. its just grand

Archived