Tallahassee Titans

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Toenails TJ??????

The crusty yellow kind or the french-tipped manicured kind?

Count me in for Tomahawks!

Just wondering: would a regional name be better like Capital City Kings or Big Bend Bears? I know that in the old hockey league there were some regional names like Pee Dee Pride etc.

Which is better to have the city name in it or to use a name for regional identification?

^ Toenails TJ??????

The crusty yellow kind or the french-tipped manicured kind?

Count me in for Tomahawks!

Just wondering: would a regional name be better like Capital City Kings or Big Bend Bears? I know that in the old hockey league there were some regional names like Pee Dee Pride etc.

Which is better to have the city name in it or to use a name for regional identification?

LOL. I'm having a good laugh over here picturing the graphic at the game when the Big Toenail comes out on the JumboTV and squishes the opposition. Have you all seen that athlete's foot commercial when the little grimlin lifts the man's toenail up and gets underneat it to have a scratching party?! LOL! :lol:

I'm liking the Tomahawks. Its original enough to get by, yet close enough to the Seminole heritage we so love and cherish that this might actually win us a decent crowd. On top of that we could do the chop at the game as many of us often had the desire to do when the Thunder was here. :lol: Great idea BHCav!

You definately want to go with the City name on this one, seeing as how we play National opponents and need the name out there. People in Florida would probably know who the Big Bend Bears or the Capital City Kings are (great ideas by the way) but we don't want to leave it to question. Put the name out there and be proud of it!

I believe this venture will be successful. It has a smaller budget and operating costs than the Thunder therefore there will be less pressure to provide big crowds. Support will also get a boost from the growing downtown population. We can't waste this oppertunity since this could lead to bigger and better things, i.e. minor league baseball.

If you market it, they will come.

Just give us five good years to build a fanbase and it should be good to go. I assume the ticket prices won't be a bank-buster either.

That was my whole argument with the Thunder. They needed more time to build a fan base and they needed marketing. They got neither. But like you said, there will be less pressure in this league to pack the seats so to speak. But even so, how often do you get a second chance? Tallahassee will take advantage of this opportunity and our Tomahawks will be a success.

Great news! I hope they can stick around. Where does the AIFL rank in terms of quality of play? I guess the AFL would be the top league, with af2 the next rung down? Then again it's indoor football so who knows. I cannot wait to go to the DL Double C, have a beer and watch the home team win!

Now when are we getting some minor league baseball in the area??? :)

Here's a picture of me back in the Good Ol' Days when the Thunder was here. I believe in this picture I was on my way to their final game here in Tallahassee.

SonyShots092.jpg

Wow TJ, how old were you in this pic? You look so young. Damn I feel old now.

Archived