Downtown Greenville

gvillenative

I know this has been kicked around before but I was just wondering what is the likelyhood of there being anything close to or surpassing the Daniel (Landmark) Building in height, being built downtown. I think thats whats holding up progress on the Gateway site, maybe they are thinking the same thing we are who knows. Just speculation. Just looking for input, see if anybody else out there is thinking like I am.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time is of the greatest importance regarding the Gateway site. We all must remain calm and wait for something great. The largest obstacle is the recent announcement of several fair-sized office buildings in downtown. While this is a great thing for Greenville, it also plays a role in how much a developer might be willing to invest in so much more office space. Of course there are other possibilities for a large building including residential, hotel, and restaurant/retail space, but these have also seen a recent surge along with the offices.

What I think is that something very tall can and probably will be built either at the Gateway site or somewhere else in downtown, but to be a possibility in the near future it will depend upon the continuation of steady relocation by companies into downtown. If you can help, please do! :thumbsup:

I guess I am a little partial cause I'm from here, but I would say it does have a great downtown, it really has came a long way and does not look like the progress is slowing down anytime soon and I like it that way. I would go so far as ro say you wouldnt be disappointed.

indeed, I heard that greenville can be said to have one of the better downtowns in the south. I must visit sometime soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greenville has one of the best downtowns in the entire U.S.! This has been noted many times by numerous organizations and prestious people who've visited. I've read and heard many quotes on the incredibly positive impression visitors have been left with regarding the beauty and absolute vitality they found here. :)

You must visit soon! Greenville would make a great retreat for folks from Charlotte, as it already is for folks from Atlanta. ;)

Archived