Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

Amazing. Funny thing is one time I was having doubts of the Westin being able to fill this tower but definitely no more. A forty storey building would be great though! Another thought, the penthouses are priced up to 1.2 million dollars. I would have thought they would be the last to be filled.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing. Funny thing is one time I was having doubts of the Westin being able to fill this tower but definitely no more. A forty storey building would be great though! Another thought, the penthouses are priced up to 1.2 million dollars. I would have thought they would be the last to be filled.

The penthouses in Granby were 2 million, and they also were the first to go.

Almost sold out. :D

"Attached is a copy of the most asked questions about the Westin

Residences. ONLY 25 Condominium Residences available for reservation.

Please call the Sales Executives for further details."

And people question the validity of the Hampton Roads housing market... the building isn't even done with its foundation and less than 1/4 the total units are left. This is AWESOME and bodes well for City Walk and Town Square. :)

Almost sold out. :D

"Attached is a copy of the most asked questions about the Westin

Residences. ONLY 25 Condominium Residences available for reservation.

Please call the Sales Executives for further details."

I'm really glad to see that we can sell these condos this quickly and hope that it continues!

And people question the validity of the Hampton Roads housing market... the building isn't even done with its foundation and less than 1/4 the total units are left. This is AWESOME and bodes well for City Walk and Town Square. :)

I think what people question is if locals are buying them or if outsiders are buying them up to flip them later on. The reason people question this is they look at the wage to house price ratio and see the wage part is lower than what it should be. Also no new high paying jobs have really been announced in this region. Just more blue collar jobs.

I asked this same question when I spoke with the builders recently and was told there was no future plans to make the tower taller. Too bad though. :(

Once piles are starting to be driven you can pretty much count out any plans on going higher because doing so would entail possibly adding piles which in turn would possibly change the layout of the piles which is impossible if the piles are already being driven. :wacko:

Once piles are starting to be driven you can pretty much count out any plans on going higher because doing so would entail possibly adding piles which in turn would possibly change the layout of the piles which is impossible if the piles are already being driven. :wacko:

Yup, good point. The foundation is everything and must be perfect.

Thats what I figured. I should have stated that but didn't go that far in detail! Thanks

This may have to deal with totally different construction techniques, but I do know when they were creating the CN Tower in Toronto while under construction they decided make it a couple hundred feet taller.

Archived