Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these people are crazy to be working out in this weather but to their credit the second pile driver is up and functioning. :D Quite a determined bunch I must say. Still haven't received a reply as to how many piles have been driven thus far but from just glancing I'd say it's in the 1-200 range.

Having been in the construction business myself I know that if you don't work you don't get paid , so I think that's a pretty good motivator.

In the beginning it must be pretty tough because there is no additional work to do other than drive the piles. On the other hand, looking at the Cosmo, if the weather is bad workers can go inside the structure since they have so much other work to do.

I must say even I (who drives by the site several times a day) didn't realize so many pilings have been driven at the Westin site. I have sent an email to gather more info on how many have been driven and how many more to go.

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02592.jpg

A few pics of the PAC site also.

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

Hmm.... this is a little negative... but the piles look like old tombstones from afar haha. Other than that, LOVE the pics :)

hahahaha u do have a keen sense of humor, Peninisula Kiddo. You really have to aspire to journalism or maybe even more meaningful expression.

It just occured to me that if you eliminate one of the "n"'s in peninsula, it aptly describes that jut of land poking into the estuaries. LOL.

Well guys, needless to say demand for the Westin is excellent! :D

"Thank you for your interest in the Westin Residences. We are now open

for Reservations. We have completed 88 reservations of the 119

condominiums that will be built on top of the Westin Hotel in Virginia Beach's

Town Center."

They are approx. 74% sold out. At this rate maybe they do need another condo tower. :yahoo:

when did they start reservations?

Well on Oct 8th I received this email from the sales mailer.

"Hello - from the Sales Team...

Only 2 weeks before the Reservation Launch.

If you are interested in becoming a home owner in the hottest area of

Virginia Beach...Hampton Roads - please give the sales team a call. The

SALES TEAM can discuss the floor plans, provide estimated prices, and

walk you through the process..."

so I guess means they had their reservation launch on the 22nd.

Well on Oct 8th I received this email from the sales mailer.

"Hello - from the Sales Team...

Only 2 weeks before the Reservation Launch.

If you are interested in becoming a home owner in the hottest area of

Virginia Beach...Hampton Roads - please give the sales team a call. The

SALES TEAM can discuss the floor plans, provide estimated prices, and

walk you through the process..."

so I guess means they had their reservation launch on the 22nd.

Good news!

Correct me if I am wrong but this means in a little over a week they sold 74% of the units.

Do you think demand for this has anything to do with Mr. Divaris's big news?

I hadn't thought of that as I was thinking the announcemtn would be more for the retail aspect but could be..

I received a call back today from Armada Hoffler regarding construction of the Westin. As for construction they anticipate about 1200 piles to be driven. As of now about 25% have been and they anticipate to be finished next month (which is pretty quick no doubt). I asked given the amount of desirabilty to live there might the tower be taller but I was told it would not. You want want to check out Armada Hoffler's website. They have a group pic somewhere in the website and employee quite a few people.

I received a call back today from Armada Hoffler regarding construction of the Westin. As for construction they anticipate about 1200 piles to be driven. As of now about 25% have been and they anticipate to be finished next month (which is pretty quick no doubt). I asked given the amount of desirabilty to live there might the tower be taller but I was told it would not. You want want to check out Armada Hoffler's website. They have a group pic somewhere in the website and employee quite a few people.

Wow, I had guessed about 1200, pretty cool :shades: . Needless to say I still haven't gotten my reply email <_< , glad to see you were able to make some headway however. If they're finished next month we could be seeing tower cranes by January. :w00t: Man, and I thought Harbor Heights was blistering, the Westin had more piles to drive than anyone and it appears they'll be completed the quickest with that process. I mean, they seriously expect to do about 900 more in the span of a month? That's insane!

Just got this email:

"Westin Virginia Beach Town Center Residences

PENTHOUSE Update

The builder has requested that all un-reserved PENTHOUSES be taken off

the market until further notice at the close of business 5:00pm Tuesday

November 15, 2005. The demand has exceeded everyone's expectations,

with over 60% of the Penthouses already Reserved. For those interested

in the Penthouses please contact the Sales Executives to schedule a

personal appointment prior to Tuesday. "

Could we see another floor out of this? :D I know it's wishful thinking but one can dream. :lol:

All I know is that with demand this high, those city walk towers are gonn have to be tall. :D

They might not make them as tall but to spread out with some density if you understand what I'm trying to say. Imagine 5 10 story buildings instead of 2 20 story buildings. The 5 10 story buildings would feel more dense.

Archived