News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand why they don't go back to the original plans of making it an apartment tower.

Exactly, that's what I was thinking. The market has swung back in that direction. Doesn't seem like it'll ever happen either way though. Too bad though, I wish something would go in on that lot.

Yeah, that is a prime piece of property. It kind of seems like their pride won't let give up and sell the property. They should, anyone with a couple of brain cells could market and develope that site. I'll bet that they let the property sit until Kodsi announces official plans for M&M. At that point their property pretty much doubles in value.

While we're talking about that area of town: I wish the Orlando Sentinel would move their operation, that is another great piece of property.

Yeah, that is a prime piece of property. It kind of seems like their pride won't let give up and sell the property. They should, anyone with a couple of brain cells could market and develop that site. I'll bet that they let the property sit until Kodsi announces official plans for M&M. At that point their property pretty much doubles in value.

While we're talking about that area of town: I wish the Orlando Sentinel would move their operation, that is another great piece of property.

I think the same thing whenever I pass that lot. If only the Sentinel and News Channel 13 got together and built or went into another property somewhere. It would be educational at least if the Sentinel placed their printers behind windows on a busy street so that passersby could see the papers zooming by. Also, a la Chicago's plans, place News 13 at street level so pedestrians can watch a broadcast as well. I mean, yea, we're a small city. But if we attract more visitors downtown, these could be a highlight.

CFN 13 has already moved. Happened about a month ago. They are further south on Orange, in either the AmSouth building, or one of those ever-changing bank buildings in the CBD.

I was disappointed they didn't opt for a street-level set...they're on the second or third floor. But, they do plan on a Jumbo-tron type monitor. Or so they said.

Wouldn't count on the Sentinel moving or building new digs anytime soon, what with all their cost saving measures going on at the moment.

Couldn't be from ink, could it?

I think the contamination originated from a dry cleaning business that used to be located on that block decades ago.

Also, you can see some of the printing presses in a big window on the north side of the building facing Colonial Drive. Or at least you used to be able to. I haven't checked lately. You don't always see the paper being rolled through the presses because they only print at certain times of day.

CFN 13 has already moved. Happened about a month ago. They are further south on Orange, in either the AmSouth building, or one of those ever-changing bank buildings in the CBD.

I was disappointed they didn't opt for a street-level set...they're on the second or third floor. But, they do plan on a Jumbo-tron type monitor. Or so they said.

Wouldn't count on the Sentinel moving or building new digs anytime soon, what with all their cost saving measures going on at the moment.

20 north orange, the Wachovia building. The jumbtron was up yesterday but was not on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived