Retail in Richmond

vdogg

• 1 month later...

Here's more info onTiffany's planned store at Stony Point Fashion Park in Richmond.

From the Bon Air Buzz blog via Richmond Biz Sense:

http://www.bonairbuz...t-fashion-park/

In other news from Stony Point Fashion Park, it is reported that the newly opened CineBistro, a combination movie plex/bar/resturant, is the best performing venue in the Cobb Cine Bistro chain.

http://www.cobbcineb...ypoint-info.asp

Edited by burt

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh Market is coming to Carytown Place

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/news/2011/feb/07/5/planning-commission-takes-first-step-toward-backin-ar-826409/

Whether or not you'll agree with the location....

I really like Fresh Market and can't wait to be able to spend that occasional money in the City instead of the County.

Plus, it means that when Whole Foods inevitably comes to the City it will contribute to another section of town.

Edited by wrldcoupe4

Here's Richmond dot com's take on Carytown Place which includes a rendering:

Apparently when the developers decided to bow to neighborhood criticism and reduce the square footage to 25,000 s/f for a food market, Whole Foods lost interest. So for the immediate future the upscale store at West Broad Village will be the only Whole Foods in the Richmond region.

But I've always heard good reports about Fresh Market which has two stores in Metro Richmond -- one on Parham Road near Regency Square and another near Chesterfield Town Center.

http://www2.richmond.com/news/2011/feb/08/fresh-market-carytown-ar-828289/

With all the retail news in the past few days, I'm surprised StevenRocks hasn't visited this site lately. I always look forward to his knowledgeable comments.

PS: I think I forgot to mention in all this retail report that Ann Taylor has closed at Regency and that the mall has considerable financial troubles since Taubman turned it over to the banks.

Willow Lawn to begin demolition work toward its aim of becoming an outdoors mall.

Willow Lawn is (I believe) Richmond's first mega mall. It is between West Broad Street and Monument Avenue just west of Staples Mill Road in Henrico County.

From today's RTD:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/business/business/2011/feb/10/tdbiz01-willow-lawn-redevelopment-to-begin-ar-832590/

Here is some news on three new places opening in Short Pump. Looks like Olive Garden and Basset Furniture Store will be opening at the corner at short pump while Bonefish Grill opens up at West Broad Village. The Olive Garden will be the second one in the West End of Henrico while the other Olive Garden is near Broad and Glenside. I am happy to see another Olive Garden in Richmond. This will also be the second Bassett Furniture Store on Broad Street. The other Bassett is right near the intersection of Broad and Gaskins. Not sure if Bonefish Grill has any other Richmond Locations or not. Never really heard of them before. But here is the link to the story.

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=14052798

I reported on BONEFISH GRILL at the bottom of Page 185 in the Dining-Out thread on Feb. 17th. But thanks to Joey for news of the new OLIVE GARDEN and Bassett Furniture store near Kroger's in The Corner at Short Pump on West Broad at Lauderdale.

Incidentally, the Richmond dining Out Scene topic is less than 2,000 from being the most viewed thread on all the Urban Planet Virginia forums (including Richmond, Roanoke, Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia.) Norfolk's discussion of Light Rail leads the pack with 210,856 views, but Richmond's Dining Out topic is at 209,008 and closing the gap. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that a new ABC is opening in the new lofts at 21st and Main (Engine Company). They have a sign above the ground floor space on the corner. As an area resident, I am pleased since there is not one that close.

I also saw that there is some kind of work going on in the building close to 25th and Main going up to Church Hill on the right. It is next to The Reserve. New spaces for windows are being created on the 2nd floor which makes me think there will be apartments. I had seen at some point, where someone was looking to open a restaurant with apartments above in that area. I thought it was the people from Garnet's. I wonder if this is related to that??

I saw that a new ABC is opening in the new lofts at 21st and Main (Engine Company). They have a sign above the ground floor space on the corner. As an area resident, I am pleased since there is not one that close.

I also saw that there is some kind of work going on in the building close to 25th and Main going up to Church Hill on the right. It is next to The Reserve. New spaces for windows are being created on the 2nd floor which makes me think there will be apartments. I had seen at some point, where someone was looking to open a restaurant with apartments above in that area. I thought it was the people from Garnet's. I wonder if this is related to that??

Thanks for your info, georgeglass, and welcome to this forum.

Haven't heard of a restaurant going into the new residential construction on 25th just north of Main Street.

But, an upscale burger place has been announced for the ground level space in the rehabilitated firehouse on Main between 20th and 21st. I assume you mean the ABC store is going into the street level of the new 5-story apartment building on the corner of 21st and Main which is next door to the old firehouse.

I assume you mean the ABC store is going into the street level of the new 5-story apartment building on the corner of 21st and Main which is next door to the old firehouse.

Yes, that is what I have seen. Thanks for the welcome. I have been living here since December, but been reading the forum since about September. It has been so helpful and thanks to everyone for all the information!!