Barry Bonds retired?

PghUSA

Can't say I'm not sad to see him go . . .

If Bonds knew what was best for him he would have stayed in Pittsburgh and stayed off the roids. His move to SF in 93 ushered in the era of "buy a championship" ala the Braves the 97 Marlins, the Diamondbacks etc. His best years IMHO were as a Pirate . . . shame he never won a WS, would have if he stayed in Pittsburgh (especially in 1997).

He just looks pathetic now, the year he was to rewrite the record books all the roids skeletons fall out of MLBs closet. Bye Barry.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No complaints from me. I've always seen him as classless and flippant. Remember that stupid dance he used to do before catching a fly ball? He and McGwire also share the record for Most Weight Added to the Head during a pro career. They're probably a good fifty pounds each.

In work yesterday all I hear is people saying "I'm tired"... "you know I'm tired".... "it was you, you, you and you...."I'm tired"  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the best part was when he told to get his son in the shot so they could see the pain that they were causing his family. Real classy

• 2 months later...

Now he hates white people?

PITTSBURGH POST-GAZETTE:

. . .  In the book, Kittle wrote: "I walked up to Bonds at his locker, introduced myself and said, 'Barry, if you sign these, they'll bring in a lot of money for kids who need help.' Bonds stood up, looked me in the eye and said, 'I don't sign for white people.'"

Kittle wrote that former Giants infielder Matt Williams came between him and Bonds, and Williams said, "Ron, that's the way he is."

Kittle, who founded Indiana Sports Charity in 1989, told the Associated Press that he was so angry afterward that he tore up one of the jerseys in disgust. Then, he left the ballpark and drove "about 150 mph" to his daughter's softball game and sat there in shock.

"I go out of my way to do things for people," Kittle said. "I would have rather had him say, 'Maybe another time.' I would have been all for it." . . .

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05161/519763.stm

This dude just keeps digging that big hole doesn't he, and I thought Ty Cobb was the worst ballplayer ever.

Archived