River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only new commercial space is expected to be a small convenience shop geared toward residents.

A big part of the lower levels (below the height of the existing parking ramp) will be additional parking, but resident amenities like the pool, fitness center and whatnot are also in the lower levels.

It has nothing to do with interior design. The building basically functions as your average suburban office building (i.e. drive in/drive home, direct acess to freeway...)

The relative isolation that Bridgewater has with the rest of downtown does hurt downtown somewhat, but it certainly has nothing to do with DTE leaving. In fact, DTE is leaving for an even more suburban environment, and lower taxes. Bridgewater Place still holds quite an air of prestige, that I don't think it will take long to fill the empty space.

I believe Varnum Riddering Schmidt & Howlett is the largest and highest tenant, and hence how they got their name on the building.

Should look rather impressive heading up 131 from the South. Looks a lot taller than I would think it would be in real life. Even at 400' or so it is only 125' or so taller than the office building.

Another 125' would dwarf Bridgewater. Thats like 10 stories, isnit it?

Another 125' would dwarf Bridgewater. Thats like 10 stories, isnit it?

Yes, I was going to say "only 125?", that's taller than many of the buildings downtown :lol: . That's about 1/3 taller, which is pretty significant if you ask me.

I can't believe you guys didn't find the engineering work being done by Exxel Engineering to be exciting? The first step of construction on the 1st is to move the gas lines.

Will the are around the river from Bridgewater to the Taller downtown buildings like amway grand, marriot and plaza towers ever get filled up to give us a more complete and filled up skyline of midrise buildings? It seems like quite a seperation and it would look nicer if they were clustered a little better.

Will the are around the river from Bridgewater to the Taller downtown buildings like amway grand, marriot and plaza towers ever get filled up to give us a more complete and filled up skyline of midrise buildings? It seems like quite a seperation and it would look nicer if they were clustered a little better.

Well, Icon and the Michigan Hill developments should help bring a little heighth to the North. Now if we can just get the press and post office to move then we can fill that area in. I don't see the Ford Museum going anywhere or the convention center. Due to that and the highway I think Bridgewater/River house will always be a litlle Isolated. At least residents/tenants will have good views!

I could possibly see the surface lot next to the Ford Museum (across from Riverhouse) getting developed at some point in the future. That would add some density.

Joe

Well, Icon and the Michigan Hill developments should help bring a little heighth to the North. Now if we can just get the press and post office to move then we can fill that area in. I don't see the Ford Museum going anywhere or the convention center. Due to that and the highway I think Bridgewater/River house will always be a litlle Isolated. At least residents/tenants will have good views!

I could possibly see the surface lot next to the Ford Museum (across from Riverhouse) getting developed at some point in the future. That would add some density.

Joe

That would be cool. I've always hated that parking lot.

That would be cool. I've always hated that parking lot.

I think that lot would be dead if JackBBV's hotel project panned out... I think the lot was to become the home of a midrise for the city/county services...?:dontknow:

I think that lot would be dead if JackBBV's hotel project panned out... I think the lot was to become the home of a midrise for the city/county services...?:dontknow:

I saw a rendering or model one time with a building on that lot that I think is what you're talking about Rizzo. Who knows.

They've got Bridge Street and the sidewalks all painted to start moving utilities.

Robert Grooters was interviewed TV 8 at 6 am this morning by Dee Morrison. He discussed the groundbreaking at noon today. He said he designed the first model of this project and his wife and another gentleman did the second model. He said the second model was the correct look.

He also discussed economies of scale and purchasing power for the raw materials and why that will keep prices down on this project.

No links to the interview on the TV8 site as of 7am, unfortunately.

Archived