River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, where was this rendering found, just wondering?

Anyway, it's obvious they made it stick out. Many renderings are like that.

Here a webpage featuring stats and a link to a good rendering of Riverhouse.

Riverhouse stats and rendering on emporis.com

It looks like Riverhouse is going to be taller than Plaza Tower by over 40 ft. It's a start.

I think that height (383') is the old height. It should be about 391' or 393'.

River House will be a jaw dropper around here for a while. Especially with the construction site being so close to the highway. Between this, the current medical towers, and the Children's Hospital, we'll have full on construction along I-196 at least until 2008 - 2010. Momentum tends to breed further momentum.

River House will be a jaw dropper around here for a while. Especially with the construction site being so close to the highway. Between this, the current medical towers, and the Children's Hospital, we'll have full on construction along I-196 at least until 2008 - 2010. Momentum tends to breed further momentum.

Not to mention the VanAndel Institute expansion and the potential for the MSU medical school to be somewhere in that corridor too. It's going to be quite a sight driving along I-196! :blink:

I'm guessing the highway would probably be in the way and prevent this from happening, but looking at those renderings I see great potential for a very beautiful complex. Possibly a several-decade project, but can you imagine seeing that circle completed with 4 towers on each of the cardinal sides... and a magnificent courtyard in the centre with a pond, fountain, and many trees. Just imagine being in that courtyard and looking up surrounded by high rise buildings all reflecting the clouds in the sky.

Well anyways, I hope they add a public skylobby or something to the top. I wanna be on the top of that thing =D

Hey GRdadof3, don't forget to get this shot...

162334934_291d8d1446_o.jpg

Wait, that picture isn't physically possible. Is it? :silly:

Okay, now I get it, RiverHouse is inserted into the Marriotts space with the Ford Museum lawn in the foreground? Whats that building to the right of RiverHouse?

I just noticed the crane too. You're confusing me Civitas :silly: .

Wait, that picture isn't physically possible. Is it? :silly:

Okay, now I get it, RiverHouse is inserted into the Marriotts space with the Ford Museum lawn in the foreground? Whats that building to the right of RiverHouse?

I just noticed the crane too. You're confusing me Civitas :silly: .

162452120_1e456d53de_o.jpg

Is this an optical illusion, or does the rendering below make the new tower look shorter than it should? In my mind's eye, I'm thinking that the new tower should about 40% taller than the current Bridgewater building. Can someone enlighten me?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/mau...fromBridge2.jpg

It is smaller in perspective because it is farther away from the view point. Count the floors in each wing and you'll get a better sense of the actual height.

River House Construction Schedule:

06/12 - DTE will be bringing equipment to the work site.

06/12 - DTE will begin excavation to move utility lines. Project will continue for approx. 4 weeks.

DTE will set up cones to block off North lane of Bridge Street to facilitate utility line move.

06/14 - Concrete barriers and fencing will be placed to block off the North lane of Bridge Street. These barriers will remain in place for the duration of the construction project.

06/16 - Trailers will be staged behind the concrete barriers in preparation for their placement on Level G of the parking ramp.

06/17 - A mobile crane will be brought to the site to move the trailers from the staging area to Level G of the parking ramp.

Due to North lane of Bridge Street being blocked off for the next two years, people should use the alternate exits at Scribner Street.

Nothing said about Scribner being made a two-way. Two years of one lane on Bridge is going to be brutal!

Two years of one lane on Bridge is going to be brutal!

OK, Just breathe, sparky. Repeat to yourself - "it'll all be worth it in the end... it'll all be worth it in the end...

It's going to be nice when this building doesn't look so truncated...

165791732_150add0d96.jpg

OK, Just breathe, sparky. Repeat to yourself - "it'll all be worth it in the end... it'll all be worth it in the end...

It's going to be nice when this building doesn't look so truncated...

165791732_150add0d96.jpg

nice shot, sparky. What kind of camera are you using?

Nothing said about Scribner being made a two-way. Two years of one lane on Bridge is going to be brutal!

Is that stretch really that busy? Anytime I cross the bridge on that street, I always feel like I'm the only vehicle crossing. It always led me to the assumption that most of the traffic coming off of US-131 usually heads west on Bridge, and that east bound traffic on Michigan from 131 usually turned onto 196 at hit the Ottawa St exit.

Archived