The Vue

cooperdawg

^^^lookin' mighty nice! It looks basically like I envisioned. I like the blue glass a lot.

Orlando has such a delightful downtown area. The majority of tourists stay out in the Disney exburbs when they visit the area. Downtown Orlando is for the locals, and it's a damn fun place for those of you who haven't explored it yet! Highest recommendation for urban minded folks.:)

Getting back to the Vue, I hope the same blue glass used in Orlando is used for Charlotte's version. Can just imagine how majestic the Vue will look from I-77.

Edited by Charlotteman

I drove by the site today also and saw the sign and dozers. I had my camera to shoot actually a few photos of the train (which weren't running today or yesterday) but didn't get a good enough chance to snap b/c of the rain. Better attempt than myself, props to ya.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today at work I was bored and I decided to do a cost analysis on the vue in order to determine the feasibilty of this building going LEED. I actually came out with some numbers that could easily be attained. Anybody think there is any chance for this building to go green?

Today at work I was bored and I decided to do a cost analysis on the vue in order to determine the feasibilty of this building going LEED. I actually came out with some numbers that could easily be attained. Anybody think there is any chance for this building to go green?

Well, as most things, I think it all depends on how much money is involved. I do see a lot of projects going green, though, just from a marketing campaign alone, however I think we'll see a lot more responsible corporations building green before residential. But who knows.

What was the cost per unit? It seems to me that it would be a very good thing for the future residents for the building to go green, due the healthier environment inside, and the more efficient longer term costs. It seems that it would be a smart thing to do at this point. But I guess some people just aren't interested in it if it costs anything up front. I guess it is just like people not buying CFL light bulbs even though they pay for themselves in a matter of months through savings, but there is an upfront cost, and a slight reduction in intangable quality.

It would be very cool, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming the official groundbreaking of the Vue is August 23rd, does anyone know when we may see a web cam? :) Who usually puts these things up btw? Is it the architects of the building? Or is it a city thing?

Well, I know you will be referred to the webcam posts in the Charlotte Coffee House, but it seems a little bit of everyone is using webcams these days. The 210 Trade/ Epicenter Cam is hosted and mounted by the crane company, although I'm sure the developers pay for it. Seems a lot of cities are using them too, for weather, traffic conditions, development, and just random shots of the city. Then of course Charlotte Observer is hosting the one for the Wachovia buildings, but I don't believe that has any endorsment by Wachovia, but instead are using it for stories and publicity of their new neighbor.

• 2 weeks later...

This is supposed to be the week off the official groundbreaking. Has anyone heard if it's still going to happen? It seems things have been quite on the Vue camp.

The only thing I've heard recently is they have had a change in sales staff, they either left or were asked to leave, and some other changes might come with this project -- anyone know anything about this?

I've heard similar rumors as well....not to get too specific, but I've heard that there is the possibility of delay based on financing requirements, but I'm almost certain that this project will get built. There have been some bumps, but nothing that should kill it.

On the positive side, it appears that they were issued the building permit for the footings/foundation last week, so in theory, they could start this week.