Favorite Triad Mall

StevenRocks

What is your favorite Triad-area mall or shopping area?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Triad-area mall or shopping area?

• Four Seasons Town Centre (Greensboro)
    • Friendly Center (Greensboro)
    • West Wendover Avenue (Greensboro)
    • Hanes Mall (Winston-Salem)
    • Other shopping centers on Hanes Mall Boulevard (Winston-Salem)
    • Oak Hollow Mall (High Point)
    • Colonial Mall Burlington (Holly Hill)
    • Burlington Manufacturers Outlet Center (BMOC)
    • Randolph Mall (Asheboro)
    • Eden Mall
    • Pennrose Mall (Reidsville)
    • Other

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Time to convert to an outdoor mall?

Oak Hollow Mall's anchors are doing reasonably well, but the inside is suffering, with all but the most stalwart chains slowly disappearing. That place has always beeen like that for some reason. It's never impressed me as a shopper or a mall fan.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Oak Hollow Mall this afternoon. The Disney Store and FYE are both gone. I also noticed that The Limited is having an "80% Off Inventory Reduction Sale", looks like they may be on their way out. I also noticed one of the stores on the bottom level close to Sears had a sign out front stating "Closing Sale". Things do not look good for Oak Hollow's future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the layout of Four Seasons better. At Hanes you have to go through JC Penny to get to the other wing of the mall. The interior design is also better at Four Seasons. It looks more upscale. Also I like the fact that Four Seasons is laid out in 3 levels making it more compact than Hanes so you dont have to walk as far to get from one end of the mall to the other

Four Seasons Town Centre

303900101_fae345a80f.jpg

63366570_0d790b4ee1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yea... I love Four Seasons - Hanes Mall never did it for me when I went there.

In general though, NC has several 1 million plus square foot malls. At least 11, which I think is pretty impressive considering NC's population and former (relative, to some states) "boondocks" image. CLT's Carolina Place, SouthPark, Northlake; GSO's Friendly Center and Four Seasons; W-S's Hanes Mall; Durham's Southpoint; Raleigh's Crabtree, TTC, and North Hills (?); Cary Towne Center, Hickory's Valley (??) and Fayetteville's Cross Creek. This also has to do with NC's population distribution over many metro areas as opposed to some other states.

Archived