Pics of the Most Scenic City of the Midwest.

montecarloss

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great photos! Cincinnati looks like it has a vibrant downtown area with alot of activity along the river. I went through Cincinnati on my way to Chicago on one of those coach buses and unfortunately I didn't really see the skyline all that well even though I was in the downtown area. When I went through, it was the middle of the night and was sitting on the opposite side of the bus from the skyline so it was very difficult see. On the way back to Greensboro, we took another route and avoided the downtown area all together. It was night time then as well. There always seems to be a nickname rivarly between Cincinnati and Charlotte because both are called "the Queen City". Both say they are the true Queen City.

Great photos! Cincinnati looks like it has a vibrant downtown area with alot of activity along the river. I went through Cincinnati on my way to Chicago on one of those coach buses and unfortunately I didn't really see the skyline all that well even though I was in the downtown area. When I went through, it was the middle of the night and was sitting on the opposite side of the bus from the skyline so it was very difficult see. On the way back to Greensboro, we took another route and avoided the downtown area all together. It was night time then as well. There always seems to be a nickname rivarly between Cincinnati and Charlotte because both are called "the Queen City". Both say they are the true Queen City.

Indeed.

Someone even said that Buffalo calls themselves the Queen City.

• 6 months later...

those two pics just brightened my day, those are stunningly beautiful. The River looks fantastic, very scenic very developed with the environment in mind. Pittsburgh is doing some marina, watertaxi, riverside park/trails/entertainment plex type stuff, along the model of the San Antonio riverwalk, Cincinnati looks in that downtown shot to be very well established as far as integrating the river into the city's trails/entertainment/recreation venues. Great pics!

• 2 weeks later...

The first pic is on my desktop now.

It's one of those pics that you could sit down and get a "comfy" feel out of it. The timing of it in the early nighttime and riverside setting makes it feel like it's a place where you'd go out having fun on a boat for the afternoon and perch right in the heart of town, having the hotel at your doorsteps.

In fact if Cincy doesn't have it already I'd suggest that there should either be a lack of an arterial street hugging the riverfront or some sort of skybridge or underground network linking it to hotels/shops in the rest of the downtown if there's a good riverboat tourism industry; IMO it's these types of things that aren't explicit but help waterfronts.

Archived