Charlotte Observation Tower

skysdalimit

I thought I would just start a thread about a possible uptown observation tower. You guys come up with designs and then we'll vote on the best ones. This is purely for fun, so go at it! When you show us your design, please include specifics, such as tower height and your approximate estimated cost of building it.

Have fun and be creative!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, well, since you asked, and I had a few spare minutes, here's a proposal...

This mixed-use complex would feature a 30-story condo tower, 35-story office tower, and entertainment 'tower' featuring an art gallery, musuem dedicated to the history of Uptown, and of course, the observation deck, which would soar to 1000 feet at its highest point.

The office's anchor tenant would be, well DUH, The Charlotte OBSERVER. The tower would be known as the Observer Tower.

Here's a rendering that took me about 5 minutes (three of those minutes were how long it took for the damn drawing software to load up)...

wacky.jpg

For the tower to get the best views you really need to put it just outside the downtown loop.

Locations I would suggest....

Between 5th and Trade next to I-77...this would put it on the future Street Car route.

Somewhere in Belmont as part of the redevelopment of that neighborhood.

In the Noah Lazes area at the intersection of Brookshire and 77.

I also think the neat place would be on Lake Normon...that way you get views of the Lake...downtown...and the Mountains.

Archived