Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like it when you all make the captions

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, it's a good thing that I enjoy making the captions then.

The v-shaped Lafayette Building was completed in 1923 & designed by Detroit architect C. Howard Crane. The building was last used in 1998, and the city is now hoping to find a developer who will renovate it.

Would that building be easily renovated? or is it really messed up? Any future plans for it being set or is the city still looking for a developer? I would love to see the Lafeyette come alive. It would be great for the Campus Martius Area and the coney islands at the base of the building. I would rather see residential rather than commericial in the Lafeyette, but what do I know.

Nice Photo!  Campus Martius appears to be more beautiful than ever this time of year  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

stay tuned, theres more where that came from

::by the way, campus martius is by far the greatest stride downtown has made in years. I went down there on Saturday and there were people sitting around talking, people throwin' a frisbee on the lawn...and the one thing I noticed above all else, everyone was smiling. It is a true home run for the downtown detroit comeback.

The large fountain has always worked to some extent since the park opened in November and operates year round. It even ran under the x-mas tree to keep the water from freezing. The big fountain show that it is capable of doing has not started yet (no water shooting 100 ft in the air, no lights, ect). Which by the the way I heard over the weekend that the controls for the water show of the fountain is done in California. I have yet to see the waterwalls working, but am looking forward to it.

When i refer to the big fountain i mean the 100 ft part of it. Now this water show aspect is something I havent heard about. Will it be to music and lights? I know they tested the fountain when they finished it around late fall early winter. I think they have some pictures of it up on the park website.