Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is sad.  But had they not turned it into a parking garage, the theater wouldn't exist in any form today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention the office building wouldn't have been there either.

In Allan's pic; inside the window there was an effect they created by having a chandelier that was lit.

Yep, that's from Saturday. An absolutely spectacular view to say the least. The manager at the bar on the first floor said that ciy council recently approved the plans to convert the building into lofts. The renovation should finally begin in about one year. And to think the renovation was supposed to start in 2000....

Yep, that's from Saturday.  An absolutely spectacular view to say the least.  The manager at the bar on the first floor said that ciy council recently approved the plans to convert the building into lofts.  The renovation should finally begin in about one year.  And to think the renovation was supposed to start in 2000....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're not talking about the broderick are you?

Yep, that's from Saturday.  An absolutely spectacular view to say the least.  The manager at the bar on the first floor said that ciy council recently approved the plans to convert the building into lofts.  The renovation should finally begin in about one year.  And to think the renovation was supposed to start in 2000....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great news if it is true. Do you happen to know when the council approved the plans? Is the developer Hines?

The Broderick also has some fantastic views overlooking Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers)... I'd think those lofts would fetch quite a premium from baseball fans.

The developer is Hines. I am not sure when the city approved the plans, but it has just been in the past couple of weeks. I will try to find out the date the plans were approved.

NOTE: I did receive legal permission to see the upper stories of Broderick Tower. Anyone caught trespassing in the building will be prosectued to the fullest extent of the law. Trespassing is a misdemeanor, and is punishable by a $50 fine and/or 30 days in jail.

I hate it when Allan forgets to post the next photo of the day.......  Come on, Allan!  I need my fix!!!

- BR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha. I have not forgotten, I've just been incredibly busy. I pulled an all nighter again last night to finish some renderings of a house that I designed. No computers - all done by hand. I pulled an all nighter on Monday night too, so I've been very busy (and absolutely exhausted). Coffee and Red Bull can only keep me awake so long. Tuesday night I managed 3.5 hours of sleep - the most I've gotten so far this week. I am skipping a class right now to catch up on my sleep. I feel like crap right now. I'm tired, I have a massive headache, and I'm stressed out. All these are symptoms of sleep deprivation. I've gone three days without sleep before, and it is not something I really want to repeat. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!

A photo of the day will becoming shortly...as soon as I figure out what it should be. I've really been slacking off on photo of the day this week, thanks to an overload of work. Notice the incredibly short descriptions the past few days. Things will be back to normal soon. I will have photos from Broderick Tower, as well as a tour of the Corktown neighborhood, which I just made a few weekends ago, so keep a lookout for those threads on the forum.