Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Trademark will start it's first closings in about a month. I'm very interested to see what units are sold and rented for in this building. I think this building will give us a very good indicator of the going prices in uptown for a finished product.

For someone who is moving to the area and working uptown at one of the banks this would be a very attractive residence. I can't remember if Blvd Centro has any restrictions on investors flipping units but I'm sure there will be some.

Blvd Centro seems to take a middle-of-the-road approach to investor purchases. They are willing to take the sales, but I didn't see many multiple-unit purchases by the same person at Courtside.

Courtside did take a while to fill in with bodies, and this is a larger building. I bet they feel some relief to get it on market before Avenue, Vue, or 210.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed today that they are taking down the construction elevator(if that's what you call it) that is on the outside of the building facing Trade St.

Also it looked like the crew was about to pour the sidewalk area just outside the entance and sides of the building.

The other night I saw David Furman speak at the FOFW meeting. He commented on the resteraunt that he's teaming up with Bader to put in the base of the building. He said he wanted to create a place that people could hang out that had more of a neighborhood feel to it. He wants it to be a place that serves three meals a day and isn't necessarilly a "white clothed" setting. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I think the retail space in Trademark has some potential to be the best in Charlotte.

Bader....he's the guy behind Laveccia's and Bentley's on 27, right? Casual sounds good to me. I used to work on that side of town, and there are no lunch places around except Presto before you get up to Tryon.

Either way, I am sure the place will be well designed and trendy in appearance. I do enjoy the vibe at Town, I have spent many evenings in the bar there. I hope this place is similar. There are plenty of people in the 5th & Poplar area that would probably hang out there as opposed the walking down to Town.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved an email update on Trademark. They gave some info about the ground level restaurant as follows:

"Centro is excited to let you know about the Trade Street Retail space at Trademark! David Furman is partnering with Pierre Badr of Sonoma, Town and Taverna 100 to provide Trademark with a lively Bistro serving three meals a day! Stop in for coffee and a muffin on your way to the office or grab a quick sandwich on Saturday afternoon or mingle at the wine bar in the evenings. PRESS will be the new neighborhood hot-spot in 3rd Ward! Up-fit of the space will begin soon and PRESS will open before the end of the year."

• 2 weeks later...

I worked at the Trademark site today, but didn't really have time to take pics. I'll try to get more next week. But here are 2.

6-29-07

The view of third ward from one of the higher floors. These people will have a great view of the park and the baseball stadium.

original.jpg

Thought this was funny, check out the view they will have while brushing their teeth or even taking a shower. (shower on other side of wall)

original.jpg

And here is a pic of Trademark taking its place in the skyline. Other then the AC unit up top, it looks great from this angle.

6-24-07

original.jpg

Archived