Trademark

49er

I think the building would have worked a lot better with the environment if it had been rotated clockwise 90 degrees. That way most of the units would get sunlight and the best views, of which there are very few units on that building to see it, would get the vantage of the western sun. Actually the building would be better on the other side of trade for that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

~80 units out of 192 facing south isn't so bad when the site is basically oriented to the north. That is almost half, although, I do think they should have made it a 1:1 ratio by extending the larger floorplates with southern facing units all the way up to the penthouse.

There are plans to build a tower on the same block, south of Trademark, as it only covers the northern half of that block. Presumably most of those units will face south, but also detract from the solar and view benefits of the southern units of Trademark. I suppose it all depends on how high he goes with it, though.

There are plans to build a tower on the same block, south of Trademark, as it only covers the northern half of that block. Presumably most of those units will face south, but also detract from the solar and view benefits of the southern units of Trademark. I suppose it all depends on how high he goes with it, though.

I don't think that turning Trademark 90 degrees would have been smart.

If it were rotated 90 degrees then almost half the units would be looking directly at the Carrilon tower. Not only would they not get any sun, but they wouldn't have a view either. On the other side of the building they would of had a view of Gateway Village.

With the way the the tower is oriented now both the Trade and 4th sides have good views of the skyline. The Trade side gets direct sunlight in the morning and the 4th side gets direct sunlight in the afternoon. The only side that doesn't get good sunlight is the Poplar St side. The sunlight is blocked by the Carrilon tower.

If the Carrilon tower were not there then rotating the building 90 degrees would have made more sense.

I really love this building. It sticks out so much no matter where you are on the western part of downtown. I can't wait to see how Concourse turns out, which seems to be the next evolution of this style.

Krazeeboi, you did a great job of capturing how good this building looks from many angles.

Archived