The Avenue

monsoon

Mugen, thanks for posting these terrific pics!

As a life-long lover of highrise architecture, I would have to bestow one of my highest compliments to Avenue------it is eye candy.:) Every pic you see of it, the blue glass blows ya away. And it's juxtaposition with IJL et al is perfect. The "brick" parking deck looks awsome from the Tryon perspective. I would be hard pressed to come up with anything negative about Avenue.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mugen, thanks for posting these terrific pics!

As a life-long lover of highrise architecture, I would have to bestow one of my highest compliments to Avenue------it is eye candy. :) Every pic you see of it, the blue glass blows ya away. And it's juxtaposition with IJL et al is perfect. The "brick" parking deck looks awsome from the Tryon perspective. I would be hard pressed to come up with anything negative about Avenue.

You sound like me- lol... Anyone notice how perfect and green that grass was in that one pic :rolleyes: . That building really is spectacular, I'm glad that it's in front of the larger buildings (BofA's and Hearst), cuz people traveling threw Charlotte by means of 77 really get a great view of the Avenue, and it's really just a beautiful modern building, that may not be the tallest, but it's location looks tremendous in front of the taller buildings. That glass caller couldn't have been picked out anymore wonderfully.

• 3 weeks later...

that photo really represents the dynamic change in new residential over the past 10 years in DT Charlotte. Just look at the low rise projects developed in the mid to late 90's and early 00's vs Avenue.

Lotsa positive comments here about Avenue.....and in my humble opinion it deserves all the kudos it receives.:)

In the Novare Third Ward thread, several wonderful photographs taken from the site have been posted. The northern views from the site show Avenue at a very interesting angle. The "roof line" is quite striking from that vantage point.

And is the blue glass really being fitted into the parking deck openings, to suggest "windows"? Simply lovely.

I have noticed on at least two recent local advertisements -- the FYC billboards and the latest Bojangle's commercial -- that 4th Ward Park is immediatley identifiable because of the blue tower in the background. Avenue might not be a sig tower as far as the city skyline is concerned, but it seems to have a sort of signature effect in its own surrounding area.

I have noticed on at least two recent local advertisements -- the FYC billboards and the latest Bojangle's commercial -- that 4th Ward Park is immediatley identifiable because of the blue tower in the background. Avenue might not be a sig tower as far as the city skyline is concerned, but it seems to have a sort of signature effect in its own surrounding area.

The Vue is gonna be mighty nice......but with the Avenue stealing the scene in all these pics, the Vue has it's work cut out.

Avenue might end up being one of the best known high rises in the city. It's covered in that splendid blue glass that appears to be winning everyone over.

"Did ya see that new blue skyscraper Uptown yet? Ya gotta go see it!" could eventually be heard all over Charlotte. A home run? nahh...a grand slam.

• 4 weeks later...

The balconies will soon have chairs, plants and kitsch, so I'm not sure what sort of unplain things they would be expected to do.

The ground level doesn't look terrible, but it is certainly not that memorable. The brick and windows does make it more human scale, which an all blue glass base would have not done.

Archived