The Avenue

monsoon

avenueconst.jpg

using the photo by taken by forum member CLTurban, here's a very, very crude height estimate (give or take) once The Avenue is completed. I know, the builing looks a little crooked at some parts but what the heck.

As noted by many people, this will fill in the space gap nicely between the Carillon and IJL. Honestly, this building is much better looking than I orignally thought when seeing the rendering for the first last year.

CLTurban, if you want me to take the photo down let me know

dx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting excited for Charlotte and a freind who bought there. She bought a place on the 36th or 37th. I'm going to buy her a blow up santa claus or snow man for next christmas. I think It would be hilarious to see this from way out. This will one up the house on Sharon Rd., which one in it's balcony over the front door.

• 2 weeks later...

If the total floor count is 36 stories plus the top maintenance area, they only have 8 stories total to go before this is topped out. They are working at just under a floor per week so I'd guess late April. I think that by June, most of the work on the exterior will have been finished. I love this tower, I just hope the finished product looks as nice as the renderings. Because, even with its beautiful design, from the angle shown by eastsider Avenue looks a bit bland next to the sharp corners of the BoA complex. Then again, IJL is pretty plain until the top five floors. I hope Avenue's penthouse levels will help take away from its current boxy appearance.

Also, while I know it won't be permanent, I'm baffled by the streak of plywood on the front of the building. What exactly is the purpose of that?

ul, those are some great photos.

there is alot of talk on the boards about bad "backsides"... avenues backside the most interesting part. not that i think the front is lacking - i just thought it was interesting to note. also, i do appreciate that out of the 2 novare projects that have been announced (avenue and 3rd ward overture) - the styles are very different. while overall, i think that novare has done a pretty decent job in mixing up their designs... there appears to be some redundancy in the atlanta market.

"IJL" is 201 N Tryon, the office tower on the same block as Avenue.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/cx/?id=201northtryon-charlotte

Its original named tenant was Interstate-Johnston-Lane, a company absorbed into Wachovia. It is no longer a tenant, but usually, most people refer to buildings by their last tenant name when they revert to addresses as their official names.

I was uptown at Tryon and Fifth today. Just noticing how visable and attractive the Avenue looked from Tryon. It really fills in a gap and I like the color and design of this condo more than any of the others already on line. This will be all the better when the Ivey building is re-done on Fifth and the sidewalks are widened.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you're a little off, I'm think they are just begining to do the ceiling to 34 and base of 35. Remember, the 35th and 36th floors will be stepped back, and that hasn't occurred yet.

The way I count is I know the first level of condos on the same level as the pool deck is floor 10.

Archived