The Avenue

monsoon

Do ya'll think there will be a significant enough architectural difference between Avenue and IJL, so that at a distance from say I-77 they will appear as two distinct towers?

Similar close neighbors Trademark and Carillon will most likely look like two distinct towers at a distance, but Avenue and IJL are much more visually similar than their Trade Street counterparts.

I rather like the continuity of the "BofA campus" design that the Avenue will follow:) I've always admired the Avenue's architecture and concept. The density of that part of Uptown will be fabulous.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do ya'll think there will be a significant enough architectural difference between Avenue and IJL, so that at a distance from say I-77 they will appear as two distinct towers?

Similar close neighbors Trademark and Carillon will most likely look like two distinct towers at a distance, but Avenue and IJL are much more visually similar than their Trade Street counterparts.

I rather like the continuity of the "BofA campus" design that the Avenue will follow:) I've always admired the Avenue's architecture and concept. The density of that part of Uptown will be fabulous.

Actually, I wish it were a little more distinct...I dislike the idea of a "tower campus" downtown more than I dislike a suburban "office campus" of similarily designed buildings. To me it screams "no imagination".

However, at this stage in Charlotte's evolution it's fine...it's more important to add residents to our core.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought they had a couple stories to go still? I was thinking at least another 5-6 weeks until they are finished with the deck. But hey, I like your estimate better. :)

And whats with this bird, he's back again, check out 7:23/7:41 on 6-5-06

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an update from the Avenue in my email...

Construction at the Avenue site is moving along on schedule! The sixth level of the parking deck was completed at the end of May, and electrical and plumbing work on areas of that structure has begun. The truck dock and other back-of-house service areas are also underway.

Progress during the month of June will include the addition of two more levels of the parking deck and portions of the lobby area. For an up-to-date look at the Avenue construction site, please visit:

www.avenueuptown.com

and click on "building."

Watching the parking deck portion go up is starting to get boring. How many floors are left? The webcam doesn't really give much out on that matter. Especially since they have now officially built out of the webcam's view in the center of the building.

Time to move the webcam up :thumbsup:

7th floor is complete and they are bringing the 8th floor accross, some of which you can see has been poured already on the webcam. The webcam is technically where the 10th floor would be, how many floors of parking will there be?

6-21-06

large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived