National Building Museum

wolfdawg54

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to but didn't get the chance. There is so much to see in D.C. that it's impossible to see it all in just a week. Hopefully I will get the chance the next time I go. We have a lot of friends in the area, so I will hopefully get to go again next summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I visited the museum but it's actaully called the National Building Museum, based out of the old Pension Bureau and hosted tons of Inaugural Ball's and its just a wonderful place to go back to and it's inthe middle of a booming downtown DC tons or shops, rest, and apartments filling the once vacant lots.

http://www.nbm.org/

• 11 months later...

Have any of you visited the National Skyscraper Museum in DC? I did this summer and it was quite intresting with exhibits on concrete and the Frank Ghery Disney Concert Hall in LA. Quite a fun place to visit!

It's called the National Building Museum, not "skyscraper." I'm a member.

• 1 year later...

Wow! I can't believe the mods have allow this inaccurate thread title for so long.

Yes, the National Building Museum is Washington's best kept secret. Anyone interested in development and buildings enough to visit UP.org would love the museum.

It's "free", but donations are preferred. It's located across the street from the Judiciary Square Metro stop (red line).

map it

Archived