Cabela's to build on old X-Rite site near Rivertown Crossings

GRDadof3

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, no kidding. I just think Cabela's didn't want to wait around for the Orchard Park deal to get put together. They get instant access to shoppers being next to Rivertown.

I wonder what will go in the additional 300,000 sf of retail space. It seems like that area already has every major national brand.

And I notice no talk of tax credits yet. Maybe because Snyder basically dumped most of them?

Wow, didn't Walker open their wallet to Cabela's a few years back? That's gotta be a kick in the teeth. :)

Joe

• 4 months later...

Took a few photos of this site while riding on Kent Trails. The eastern end actually outlets to Spartan Industrial Drive, where Kent Trails crosses 44th.

Looking west from Spartan Industrial Drive where Kent Trail restarts. One can only hope there might be some bicycle parking. I'm not holding my breath, though. Might be too "dangerous" in the wild, wooly parking lot.

7497046924_6b9f240164_b.jpg

Looking south at the Target development. Notice the bicyclist riding on the sidewalk, presumably from Kent Trails.

7497047056_5feb3a23fc_b.jpg

Looking SE toward the new Cabela's. What's that tree doing there ruining the view? </ sarcasm>

7497047104_b718011a1a_b.jpg

Took a few photos of this site while riding on Kent Trails. The eastern end actually outlets to Spartan Industrial Drive, where Kent Trails crosses 44th.

Looking west from Spartan Industrial Drive where Kent Trail restarts. One can only hope there might be some bicycle parking. I'm not holding my breath, though. Might be too "dangerous" in the wild, wooly parking lot.

That reminds me a few weeks ago I saw a guy riding a bike on Fuller near Lake Drive, pulling a trailer with a fishing boat, filled with fishing poles and a dog. If I hadn't been driving I would've gotten a picture.

That reminds me a few weeks ago I saw a guy riding a bike on Fuller near Lake Drive, pulling a trailer with a fishing boat, filled with fishing poles and a dog. If I hadn't been driving I would've gotten a picture.

haha, awesome. When Grand Rapids Whitewater gets the Grand River back into shape, I may need to invest in a couple of kayaks and a double trailer for Amy and I.

Archived