White River bridge replacement in Newport

cmatthews40510

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AHTD is making plans to replace the aging structure.

http://www.kait8.com/story/15213820/ahdt

I can understand replacing it. But it's too bad they have to tear it down as well. Maybe it's just not practical to keep it in use as a pedestrian bridge. I admit I'm not familiar with it's particular location. Or in some cases there just isn't room for two bridges so one has to come down so the new one has room.

I can understand replacing it. But it's too bad they have to tear it down as well. Maybe it's just not practical to keep it in use as a pedestrian bridge. I admit I'm not familiar with it's particular location. Or in some cases there just isn't room for two bridges so one has to come down so the new one has room.

I've driven over it many times.. and it's very old but it is quite a sight .. very long approaches... It does need to be replaced... lanes are NARROW.. better not take your eyes off the road to enjoy the view... you might regret it!

121blubrid.jpg

Archived