West Little Rock

The former Zoe's Kitchen is being remodeled so it can be....a bank.  Chase Bank is expanding into the Little Rock Metro.  It is opening a larger location on South University near The District.  It is also opening branch banks and the former Zoe's Kitchen will be one of them.  Remodeling is happening now, including construction of drive-thrus.  

There are several former Arvest Bank locations just down the street that are now vacant.  The one in front of Planet Fitness is closed and up for lease.  The one in The Heights at Cantrell and University is now vacant.   I'm not sure why those locations, already made for a bank, couldn't be of use to Chase.  

• Like 1

The former Zoe's Kitchen is being remodeled so it can be....a bank.  Chase Bank is expanding into the Little Rock Metro.  It is opening a larger location on South University near The District.  It is also opening branch banks and the former Zoe's Kitchen will be one of them.  Remodeling is happening now, including construction of drive-thrus.  
There are several former Arvest Bank locations just down the street that are now vacant.  The one in front of Planet Fitness is closed and up for lease.  The one in The Heights at Cantrell and University is now vacant.   I'm not sure why those locations, already made for a bank, couldn't be of use to Chase.  

Agreed. That’s ridiculous. I’m also sort of peeved that the high profile corner of Chenal and Rahling is also...wait for it...under construction as another bank. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

According to Arvest's website, the Heights branch is still around, though it's existed solely as a motor bank for some time (after closing an accompanying storefront a few doors down from Tipton Hurst some years ago). That West Markham branch across from Planet Fitness was also a motor bank when it operated. My guess is that in converting the Zoe's Kitchen by Target, Chase is looking for the added flexibility of eventual inside traffic, but one would think the old NBA/Arvest branch at Markham and Bowman would've afforded that well enough.

In the same wave of expansion, Chase is also setting up a loan production office across from Pleasant Ridge Town Center, assuming Verizon's old spot in a building it shared with Mattress Firm.

1 hour ago, Architect said:

Agreed. That’s ridiculous. I’m also sort of peeved that the high profile corner of Chenal and Rahling is also...wait for it...under construction as another bank. Sigh.

Yeah, not exciting, but it's somewhere would a bank would want to go.  They have cleared the large wooded at the other corner of Chenal/Rahling.  I have no idea what that will be.  They've also cleared away trees at Rahling and Chenal Valley Dr.  I also saw that the property at Kanis and Rahling was recently sold.  Lot of work going on along Chenal/Rahling corridor now.  

20 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

According to Arvest's website, the Heights branch is still around, though it's existed solely as a motor bank for some time (after closing an accompanying storefront a few doors down from Tipton Hurst some years ago). That West Markham branch across from Planet Fitness was also a motor bank when it operated. My guess is that in converting the Zoe's Kitchen by Target, Chase is looking for the added flexibility of eventual inside traffic, but one would think the old NBA/Arvest branch at Markham and Bowman would've afforded that well enough.

In the same wave of expansion, Chase is also setting up a loan production office across from Pleasant Ridge Town Center, assuming Verizon's old spot in a building it shared with Mattress Firm.

It may be open now, but this article indicates it will be closed soon. 

Arvest to close 31 locations on June 30.

5 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

It may be open now, but this article indicates it will be closed soon. 

Arvest to close 31 locations on June 30.

I had forgotten about that, but I still think Chase would want more of a full-service setup close to the Heights — though that may be their only shot IN the neighborhood that already has a dozen other banks as competition. Unless it's already spoken for, the building vacated by Centennial Bank down the hill at the shopping center in Riverdale would certainly seem like an attractive opportunity, especially if that center can be revamped.

I noticed there is work at Chenal and Autumn Road where the traffic island has been removed.  There are also barrels at Chenal and Bowman.  I'm wondering whether the traffic islands blocking thru-traffic in the third lane (right turning lane) of Chenal will be removed.    This would open up traffic for three lanes going west on Chenal from the Shackleford overpass all the way to Markham.  

Anybody got info?

6 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

I noticed there is work at Chenal and Autumn Road where the traffic island has been removed.  There are also barrels at Chenal and Bowman.  I'm wondering whether the traffic islands blocking thru-traffic in the third lane (right turning lane) of Chenal will be removed.    This would open up traffic for three lanes going west on Chenal from the Shackleford overpass all the way to Markham.  

Anybody got info?

That would be great if they're making it a dedicated 3rd lane instead of an interrupted 3rd lane...it would certainly help alleviate traffic/backups coming off of I-630 during evening rush hour.  Chenal does this much further out west, from Wellington Hills to Kanis where the right turn lane essentially becomes a 3 lane for a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Arkansas Business reporting that Arkansas' first Porsche dealership may be in the works off Colonel Glenn
https://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/138745/porsche-may-be-on-course-for-little-rock

I’m surprised it’s taken this long, as Little Rock is one of, if not THE biggest market without Porsche. I’ve got to thing that Parker is kicking themselves for not picking them up. But technically, this isn’t Arkansas’ first, as Riverside Motors carried Mercedes, Audi and Porsche forever until MB told them they’d carry MB exclusively, or not at all!

• 3 months later...

Top Golf is finally coming to Little Rock. This news came right after a similar venue, proposed Maly’s Entertainment Center, announced plans to locate at the former Wild River Country site. It will be interesting to see which one would be successful once both entertainment venues open in the Little Rock metro area.

Source: https://press.topgolf.com/2022-05-04-TOPGOLF-TARGETS-LITTLE-ROCK-FOR-EXPANSION-IN-ARKANSAS

Edited by ecity3138
  • Like 1

Top Golf is finally coming to Little Rock. This news came right after a similar venue, proposed Maly’s Entertainment Center, announced plans to locate at the former Wild River Country site. It will be interesting to see which one would be successful once both entertainment venues open in the Little Rock metro area.
Source: https://press.topgolf.com/2022-05-04-TOPGOLF-TARGETS-LITTLE-ROCK-FOR-EXPANSION-IN-ARKANSAS

I’d put the odds of BOTH opening to be pretty low. My bet would be with Top Golf.

26 minutes ago, Architect said:

I’d put the odds of BOTH opening to be pretty low. My bet would be with Top Golf.

What do you mean, “I’d put the odds of BOTH opening to be pretty low.” You don’t think there’s a market for both venues to locate in the Little Rock metro area?

Edited by ecity3138

1 hour ago, ecity3138 said:
What do you mean, “I’d put the odds of BOTH opening to be pretty low.” You don’t think there’s a market for both venues to locate in the Little Rock metro area?

No, I don't think this market would or could support TWO speciality entertainment venues of this type.

No, I don't think this market would or could support TWO speciality entertainment venues of this type.

What’s up with you yelling, “TWO”,  on your post. The market could possibly support two similar entertainment venues if they offered different amenities. The proposal for the one in North Little Rock calls for a bowling alley, laser tag, and arcade in addition to high tech golf. Top Golf typically don’t have laser tag or bowling alley at their facility. Same thing with Urban Air Trampoline park on Bowman Rd and Defy Trampoline park on Colenel Glenn in West Little Rock. Both trampoline parks are similar in concept but offered different amenities. There’s room for two of these concepts in the area because everybody have different preferences on what type of amenities both concepts would offer.

What’s up with you yelling, “TWO”,  on your post. The market could possibly support two similar entertainment venues if they offered different amenities. The proposal for the one in North Little Rock calls for a bowling alley, laser tag, and arcade in addition to high tech golf. Top Golf typically don’t have laser tag or bowling alley at their facility. Same thing with Urban Air Trampoline park on Bowman Rd and Defy Trampoline park on Colenel Glenn in West Little Rock. Both trampoline parks are similar in concept but offered different amenities. There’s room for two of these concepts in the area because everybody have different preferences on what type of amenities both concepts would offer.

Because my emphasis is on the number two. The entry price is very steep for venues of this scale/complexity…much more than a trampoline park (which given the carnage of previous trampoline ventures in the market, probably isn’t the best example).

I think it would be a strain on both venues if they were both to become a reality, and that wouldn’t be healthy for either of them. I love central Arkansas, but this isn’t a huge market.

Because my emphasis is on the number two. The entry price is very steep for venues of this scale/complexity…much more than a trampoline park (which given the carnage of previous trampoline ventures in the market, probably isn’t the best example).

I think it would be a strain on both venues if they were both to become a reality, and that wouldn’t be healthy for either of them. I love central Arkansas, but this isn’t a huge market.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions,  however, I tend to disagree on the fact the market can’t handle two. Some people may not like a venue that just centered around golf and prefer more varieties such as bowling or laser tag.  There’s some that could careless about bowling, arcades, and laser tag and just want to play simulated golf. At Shackleford Crossing, there’s two steakhouse restaurant right next to each other that are doing perfectly fine. Same goes for Trader Joe’s vs Whole Foods along with Costco vs Sam’s. Both of these business are performing exceptionally well despite the competition. Competition is good because it forced other competitors to upgrade the quality of their customer service, products, and reasonable price. Just look at the price of Sam’s gas station  when Costco opened their gas station in the same area.

T- Shotz and Top Golf are both in Kansas City metro area and while Kansas City metro area is much bigger than Little Rock metro they still have to compete against each other to survive such as great customer service, great value for families, atmosphere, and quality food. 

I love Central Arkansas as well and is very impressed that entertainment venues like Top Golf, Main Event, and Maly’s Entertainment Center express interest in the Central Arkansas market. I am confident that these venues will perform well if they decide to open locations around the Little Rock metro area and hope many more entertainment venues (ex: iFly would be a great addition to the market) would soon land in the Central Arkansas market in the future.

Edited by ecity3138

Everyone is entitled to their opinions,  however, I tend to disagree on the fact the market can’t handle two. Some people may not like a venue that just centered around golf and prefer more varieties such as bowling or laser tag.  There’s some that could careless about bowling, arcades, and laser tag and just want to play simulated golf. At Shackleford Crossing, there’s two steakhouse restaurant right next to each other that are doing perfectly fine. Same goes for Trader Joe’s vs Whole Foods along with Costco vs Sam’s. Both of these business are performing exceptionally well despite the competition. Competition is good because it forced other competitors to upgrade the quality of their customer service, products, and reasonable price. Just look at the price of Sam’s gas station  when Costco opened their gas station in the same area.

T- Shotz and Top Golf are both in Kansas City metro area and while Kansas City metro area is much bigger than Little Rock metro they still have to compete against each other to survive such as great customer service, great value for families, atmosphere, and quality food. 

I love Central Arkansas as well and is very impressed that entertainment venues like Top Golf, Main Event, and Maly’s Entertainment Center express interest in the Central Arkansas market. I am confident that these venues will perform well if they decide to open locations around the Little Rock metro area and hope many more entertainment venues (ex: iFly would be a great addition to the market) would soon land in the Central Arkansas market in the future.

Gotcha.  I hope you're right!  It would be cool to have both if it's financially viable for each of them.  I agree that it's also a nice sign of confidence regarding Main Event, etc.

What is  iFly?  Is that the free-fall simulator?

23 minutes ago, Architect said:

Gotcha.  I hope you're right!  It would be cool to have both if it's financially viable for each of them.  I agree that it's also a nice sign of confidence regarding Main Event, etc.

What is  iFly?  Is that the free-fall simulator?

iFly is a skydiving simulator center in which guests can experience a simulated version of skydiving in the sky. They have locations in Dallas and other major cities. It would be a great addition to include them in the mix of entertainment options that’s sprawling around the Central Arkansas market.

iFly is a skydiving simulator center in which guests can experience a simulated version of skydiving in the sky. They have locations in Dallas and other major cities. It would be a great addition to include them in the mix of entertainment options that’s sprawling around the Central Arkansas market.

OKC has one, interestingly. 

It’s crazy we’ve got this sudden onslaught of entertainment proposals all at once. Main Event, Malys, and Top Golf. Anyone got any ideas where Top Golf is looking?  I’ve always thought by the Bass Pro might be the best spot. 

It’s crazy we’ve got this sudden onslaught of entertainment proposals all at once. Main Event, Malys, and Top Golf. Anyone got any ideas where Top Golf is looking?  I’ve always thought by the Bass Pro might be the best spot. 

I agree it’s probably at Outlets or Little Rock. What is Malys? I hadn’t heard about that.

17 minutes ago, Architect said:

I agree it’s probably at Outlets or Little Rock. What is Malys? I hadn’t heard about that.

Maly’s Family Entertainment Center is the propose high tech golf venue and entertainment center  in North Little Rock where the former Wild River Country once occupied.

5 minutes ago, dnashobviously said:

Are the Outlets within the LR city limits?  I thought it was interesting that in the article it mentioned it would be in the city limits. 

Yes, the entire Outlet Mall area (Gateway Towne Center) is within the Little Rock city limits.

• Like 1