SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Charlotte is a hip trendy city and something like A/X Armani Exchange, Club Monoco, French Connection, Calvin Klein, Deisel, or True Religion might work well, IMHO.

If we only had something like George Town in Washington. I wish South End or Wesley Heights area could turn into an urban shopping district. I know Camden is starting to do this, I just wish we could get a few more of the stores you mentioned in this area with some more restaurants.

If we only had something like George Town in Washington. I wish South End or Wesley Heights area could turn into an urban shopping district. I know Camden is starting to do this, I just wish we could get a few more of the stores you mentioned in this area with some more restaurants.

I think you are right about these two areas. They would certainly make for a great streetscape trendy shopping enviroment, with white clothe table restaurants and trendy outdoor cafes with outdoor seating, and I think as the area matures, this will become a reality.

Thank goodness Sigrid Olsen is closing! wooohooo! That leaves a very nice space for a very nice upscale store :)

I thought that would make you happy!!! :)

And from the post you have left, It seems that A/X would be your first choice, so contact the management office and really give Simon a mouthfull about the crappy stores that need to go and what needs to fill the Olsen space!!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear Sigrid Olsen is closing, but it really wasn't anywhere near where stores like that are located in SouthPark. If they had been near Belk's other entrance next to J.Jill et al, they'd probably have done better.

I'm not sure if you were aware, but all the Sigrid Olsen stores are closing, so the location wouldn't have mattered anyway....by the way Kenneth i called mall manager Randy Thomas and gave him my opinion on some store suggestions and he said Gucci and Armani Exchange have been on the SP wish list for quite some time....he said there will be an upscale store opening at the Sigrid Olsen spot, but he wouldn't disclose what it was, I dont know if I should be happy or sad :cry::D

I'm not sure if you were aware, but all the Sigrid Olsen stores are closing, so the location wouldn't have mattered anyway....by the way Kenneth i called mall manager Randy Thomas and gave him my opinion on some store suggestions and he said Gucci and Armani Exchange have been on the SP wish list for quite some time....he said there will be an upscale store opening at the Sigrid Olsen spot, but he wouldn't disclose what it was, I dont know if I should be happy or sad :cry::D
Thanks for the info. Considering the real estate, whatever replaces Sigrid Olsen will be very, very good.

Hey Temeteron, that sounds like a plan, and BE HAPPY!!!!!!

Randy at Simon has already sort of given away some info too.

Now with the exception of Florida, the Southeast has Gucci Boutiques in Atlanta, and Charleston, so I think IMHO Gucci is ready for Charlotte, but be ready to pay some big bucks for thier wears and accessories, and then A/X is only logical for SouthPark and as the other poster said it would fit in great next to Guess, so if that is in fact the plan then Simon Management is heading in the right direction!!!!! :)

Which means the old Pure Denim (Fila) spot likely has a new lessee. Stay tuned...

It's funny how Simon works, but there is definatley a Atlanta-Charlotte connection.

Nicole Bostic, the marketing director for SouthPark, was the marketing director of Phipps Plaza, and she was told to get on a plane and head to SouthPark, then Tisha Maley, the marketing director for Lenox Square and also Phipps Plaza, started out at Southpark when Siomon first bought the mall. Go figure.....

@ Temeteron, I have a feeling it will be A/X Armani Exchange because they don't require alot of space, and as Steven said, " Stay tuned......."

Edited by kennethdisraili

So I went to SouthPark's website and sent them an email under their contact section. I got an email back saying these new spaces have already been leased and will be announced soon. Also in the email, I was told that the former Pure Denim spot will be Intermix. It's a nice store, if your a woman. :D

http://www.intermixonline.com/

Intermix is quite a shock imo. that is usually a store that has a very upscale, trendy presence. I wonder if Southpark can support Intermix. It is very trendy and pricey, I just don't want it to come to Southpark and then close after a short period of time bc of a lack of market or sales. they dont have many store locations, and those locations are pretty big-name locations. If it comes to fruition, awesome steal for Charlotte and Southpark.

Then again, if A/X and Club Monaco, and even Gucci come, and let's hope so, that might help bring a more trendy audience to the mall.

Edited by Rufus

Well IMHO, if SouthPark can support Hermes, and Louis Vuitton, then I know Intermix will be able to support Charlotte's ever increasing trendy upscale population.

Also they do a lot of lengthy marketing research to make sure such a upscale boutique is worth the enormous cost of constructing and if there is enough client base to support the boutique.

Intermix is a fact. Nicole Bostic emailed me and was able to share that info with me. From the email:

"We are always meeting with prospective new stores. Although a few stores have closed, we already have new stores lined up for these spaces. We will be announcing them soon. I can tell you that the former Pure Denim space in the Nordstrom wing will be replaced with a store called Intermix. Feel free to review the store's website below."

This is a good sign for the future. I think the Charlotte market isn't given enough credit and I think more retailers are starting to realize its potential.

Well IMHO, if SouthPark can support Hermes, and Louis Vuitton, then I know Intermix will be able to support Charlotte's ever increasing trendy upscale population.

Also they do a lot of lengthy marketing research to make sure such a upscale boutique is worth the enormous cost of constructing and if there is enough client base to support the boutique.

There is a big difference between being able to support a leather goods store (like LV where the most popular items are $400 bags) and a trendy casual clothing store (where the average piece is $400.) Women (and middle class women) are much more willing to splurge on leather goods, handbags, accessories compared to being able to justify $400 on a tank. Moreover, a handbag store is much easier to shop at for men (when the holidays, birthdays, come around.)

Of course, this doesn't mean I don't think Charlotte can support Intermix. Intermix is definitely the first major store of its kind in the area, and imo it will thrive just because there is little other competition. Every time I go to Charlotte, there is definitely a lack of great boutique clothing stores (and department stores are the only option.)

The only thing is how large is the Pure Denim space? Intermixes are generally around 5000 square feet if not larger. It just seems a little small for the store type.

Congrats Charlotte!

Edited by Manolos

There is a big difference between being able to support a leather goods store (like LV where the most popular items are $400 bags) and a trendy casual clothing store (where the average piece is $400.) Women (and middle class women) are much more willing to splurge on leather goods, handbags, accessories compared to being able to justify $400 on a tank. Moreover, a handbag store is much easier to shop at for men (when the holidays, birthdays, come around.)

Interesting Manolos as today is in fact my birthday!!!!

But I already have an LV wallet and a LV messenger bag in the signature monagram, thank you. :P

It makes no difference to very affluent clients to go to Louis Vuitton and buy a $4,000.00 handbag and then head to Intermix and buy a $400.00 tank, as long as the client base is there, which it appears to be in the ever growing Charlotte region.

And I as well send my congradulations to Charlotte!! :)