IN PROGRESS: Bridge from Convention Center to Science Center?

I thought a footbridge was going to be errected over the highway onramp connecting the convention center to the science center. That would allow people in East Hartford to walk to the convention center without ever hitting the street. Was that never an idea and ai figment of my immagination, delayed, or cancelled?

Thanks.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London did a similar thing with the Thames River embankment project in the 1800's. I wonder why the Army Corps of Engineers didn't decide to do an embankment back in the 30's when they put in the dike? I'm guessing it's because of the railroad tracks or maybe because the city didn't get close enough to the river to make it feasible?

• 2 weeks later...

Construction of the "Grove Street Pedestrian Overpass" the official name of the bridge from the science center to the convention center begins July 20th. it is scheduled to open next summer.

There will be detours and closure of the Grove Street I-84/I-91 on ramp during construction. The on ramp will reamian open during days and evening rush hour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived