The value of Preservation -- the proof

vicupstate

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty sad how many cities didn't think twice about bulldozing historic structures. Thankfully, South Carolina has done a pretty good job with preservation, especially in the Lowcountry. I think now more than ever, people are realizing how valuable a historic or older building really is.

This could be a cool thread to post pictures of historic preservation throughout SC.

Preservation of historic properties is a great thing, and I truly believe that there is more value in saving history than tearing it down. As much as I want to believe that preservation is the main factor here, I think that objectively we have to acknowledge that recessions do not impact people with that much money. They said Kiawah homes were selling too, and that is hardly a bastion of preservation over there.

Archived