MLS Expands to Portland

egrguy

Portland awarded MLS expansion franchise

Big news for Portland as it nabs its second pro-level franchise. The team is slated to start its inaugural season in 2011 with its NW counterpart Vancouver, BC and joins the Seattle's Sounders to form a nice NW legion of soccer teams.

This should be certainly exciting news as the downtown PGE stadium will get some renovating prior to the team starting play.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Portland awarded MLS expansion franchise

Big news for Portland as it nabs its second pro-level franchise. The team is slated to start its inaugural season in 2011 with its NW counterpart Vancouver, BC and joins the Seattle's Sounders to form a nice NW legion of soccer teams.

This should be certainly exciting news as the downtown PGE stadium will get some renovating prior to the team starting play.

• 1 month later...

I think my favorite part of the whole deal is that PGE is within blocks of my favorite Portland drinking establishment. Nothing like a soccer game and a few pints at the pub afterwards. I think Im more excited for the Portland Timbers for that very fact then the Seattle Sounders.

Archived