San Francisco Photo of the NIGHT

Charles Pearson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the first time I find the Rincoln Hill Tower interesting. It actually looks really good here, in contrast to the classic lines and roof of the "belltower". The color composition is really nice, the dull green of the tree, the forboding maroon/umber of the night sky, the light ochre of the tower and the bright red lights and purple roof. And that lovely silverish greenish clock dial.

Judging from the lights in the apartment building, not many units are occupied. No wonder, with the prices they are asking... several millions for one condo.

2ndStreet_RinconTower.jpg

1RobertFLevy_BroadwayTunnel.jpg

Dear Zahc, this has my vote as your best photo on Urban Planet yet. It is sublime in its stark, abstract, yet transcendent simplicity. It is the endless tunnel winding through the Urban Planet. Eggshell and pastel lemon glossy tiled ceiling and walls combined with the grey/brown umber of the asphalt emanate an ever so subtle warmth, through which the cool neon line cuts, with a hint of blue. Upon further contemplation, I discover that the surface of the asphalt is alive, shimmering like mother of pearl, in ethereal cool and neutral to warm tones. I'm in awe.

Dear Zahc, this has my vote as your best photo on Urban Planet yet. It is sublime in its stark, abstract, yet transcendent simplicity. It is the endless tunnel winding through the Urban Planet. Eggshell and pastel lemon glossy tiled ceiling and walls combined with the grey/brown umber of the asphalt emanate an ever so subtle warmth, through which the cool neon line cuts, with a hint of blue. Upon further contemplation, I discover that the surface of the asphalt is alive, shimmering like mother of pearl, in ethereal cool and neutral to warm tones. I'm in awe.

Vous etes tres qentil...

barcelino_PostStreetMason.jpg

Archived