Fremont (Powerlines & San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge)...San Carlos

FREMONT_UNIONCITY_SANCARLOS_ATNI-1.jpg

FREMONT_UNIONCITY_SANCARLOS_ATNI-8.jpg

FREMONT_UNIONCITY_SANCARLOS_ATNI-2.jpg

FREMONT_UNIONCITY_SANCARLOS_ATNI-7.jpg

FREMONT_UNIONCITY_SANCARLOS_ATNI-6.jpg

FREMONT_UNIONCITY_SANCARLOS_ATNI-5.jpg

FREMONT_UNIONCITY_SANCARLOS_ATNI-9.jpg

Photo No 2 is, of course, really nice. But I especially like No. 5  the stunning, symmetrical composition with the three power poles. As an artist, I was told to avoid symmetrical designs across the image, but you make it work really well. I appreciate the color swish of the last photo. It's like an abstract painting. Still, you can make out exactly what it is.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...thanks. i fell in love with fremont's powerlines. this is the last week posting San Francisco Bay for at least 4 weeks since i'd be taking off for NEW YORK CITY (5 APRIL) via a train (NORTH BY NORTHEAST with a Cary Grant lookalike & I'd play the role of Eva Marie Saint...NOT!) leaving from Emeryville on a train that goes through the west like Salt Lake City, midwest and Chicago & after 3 whole day of travel I should reach THE BIG APPLE (8 APRIL), which I am so excited ABOUT...possibly will take a side train trip to Florence & Charleston, SC...unless I'm struck by a car (like Deborah Keer in An Affair to Remember) on my way to meet that same Cary Grant lookalike at the top of the Empire STate...

I'm hoping the train trip in the States will be as memorable as my lst train ADVENTURE in Europe from Frankfurt to ROME...

I am leaving all computer equipment at home!...except maybe not the blackberry & the canon.

Cheers!

...thanks. i fell in love with fremont's powerlines. this is the last week posting San Francisco Bay for at least 4 weeks since i'd be taking off for NEW YORK CITY (5 APRIL) via a train (NORTH BY NORTHEAST with a Cary Grant lookalike & I'd play the role of Eva Marie Saint...NOT!) leaving from Emeryville on a train that goes through the west like Salt Lake City, midwest and Chicago & after 3 whole day of travel I should reach THE BIG APPLE (8 APRIL), which I am so excited ABOUT...possibly will take a side train trip to Florence & Charleston, SC...unless I'm struck by a car (like Deborah Keer in An Affair to Remember) on my way to meet that same Cary Grant lookalike at the top of the Empire STate...

I'm hoping the train trip in the States will be as memorable as my lst train ADVENTURE in Europe from Frankfurt to ROME...

I am leaving all computer equipment at home!...except maybe not the blackberry & the canon.

Cheers!

Have a wonderful time in New York, Zahc. We will all miss you (especially I)

BROOKLYN: THE HEIGHTS, PROMENADE, HARBOR & MANHATTAN, DOWNTOWN, HIGH ST STATION

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-13.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-12.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-11.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-10.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-9.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-8.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-7.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-6.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-5.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-4.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-3.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-2.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_M-1.jpg

BROOKLYNHTS_PROMENADE_DOWNTOWN_MANS.jpg

Hi Zahc, Welcome to New York! I love the Brooklyn Heights promenade, it's one of my favorites places in New York, aside from top of the Empire State Building, and Central Park.

And you know what, I love your last photo of the subway best of all, so far. It's a great composition of lines, the long curved tracks and lights, the pattern of the support on which the tracks sit, and the vertical metal pillars of the waiting platform, whose blue color is echoed by the singal bright blue light toward which they lead. And I like what's going on in the littles space all the way on the left with the station agent's booth. I love the contrast of the spaciousness of the platform and tracks and the little claustrophobic space which the only people in the picture inhabit...

But the first photo is great, two. The pillars almost seem like a distorted reflection in the water of the buildings that stand in the distance.

NoByNe: High Line Twilight

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

Thanks for showing us the AMAZING Highline Park! I wish we had something similar in San Francisco - but then we never had an elevated train track. I guess we could have used the  elevated Embarcadero Freeway, that was left unfinished in the 50's. But then that freeway was an ugly concrete structure, which was unsafe, as the collapse of the similar Cypress Freeway in the 1989 earthquake proved. Well, instead we have the palm-lined Embarcadero Promenade, which is beautiful - but not as unusual as the Manhattan Highline Park.

Archived