Crossland Proposes 11-story Hotel in Rogers

Sammy00

Mith, sorry if this does not warrant a new topic. I'm sure you get tired of my lack of judgement in this regard, but...

Crossland Construction has proposed a new 11-story, 135,000 sq. ft. hotel with 144 rooms and 337 parking spaces.

It is two feet below the Rogers height restriction.

And, of course, it's already set some off.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/05/...zrgrsplnadv.txt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mith, sorry if this does not warrant a new topic. I'm sure you get tired of my lack of judgement in this regard, but...

Crossland Construction has proposed a new 11-story, 135,000 sq. ft. hotel with 144 rooms and 337 parking spaces.

It is two feet below the Rogers height restriction.

And, of course, it's already set some off.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/05/...zrgrsplnadv.txt

Good grief- I thought height restrictions were just a downtown Fayetteville thing in NWA. I'll never understand why people would rather see sprawl instead a more vertical building on a smaller plot of ground. I guess it's because single story sprawl is below the horizon and out of sight where as a 11 story building sticks up in the air.

I hope Crossland gets their approval- if not maybe they can come to Fayetteville (as long as it's not downtown :rolleyes: )

Good grief- I thought height restrictions were just a downtown Fayetteville thing in NWA. I'll never understand why people would rather see sprawl instead a more vertical building on a smaller plot of ground. I guess it's because single story sprawl is below the horizon and out of sight where as a 11 story building sticks up in the air.

I hope Crossland gets their approval- if not maybe they can come to Fayetteville (as long as it's not downtown :rolleyes: )

Rogers really needs to can that height restriction. I can understand why you might have it in some areas of town or even restrict heights to very specific areas. That makes perfect sense but everywhere? Does Bentonville have a similar restriction over the entirety of the city?

Rogers really needs to can that height restriction. I can understand why you might have it in some areas of town or even restrict heights to very specific areas. That makes perfect sense but everywhere? Does Bentonville have a similar restriction over the entirety of the city?

Thanks, RAK.

So any idea where exactly this is at? I tried to look up 52nd St on Mapquest and it wouldn't pull up anything. I looked on Google Earth and noticed there was a 45th St not too far east of I-540. So I'm guessing this is somewhere west of I-540. Would this be sorta south of the Pinnacle area?

Archived