Danbury Developments

Was down in Danbury for the first time in several months, noticed some new things going on.

The Gulf gas station at Exit 4 was torn down. There's a building going up, looks like a car wash or car care center, between the Kabuki restaurant and the Westside Campus road on Lake Ave Ext. Some restaurant called Houlihan's opened up across from the Holiday Inn on Eagle Road. And it looks like that car wash across from Xpect Discounts and next to the Hampton Inn is finally progressing.

Anyone know of anything else in the Hat City?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.fairfieldcountybusiness.com/arc...e/re122407.php4

Well I found this article in the Fairfield business journal about office growth. There is some serious growth down there. the article also says that the paper will begin regular coverage of the office construction in the area as Wilton and Greenwich have the lowest class A Vacancies in the nation.

there is a pretty huge project highlighted as well. Totally suburban, but still a decent read.

I am sure there is some Danbury action in that paper.

I'd expect some of that growth to spread northward once the Route 7 front in Wilton fills up. The area around the 7-84 interchange will probably boom in the next few years of office buildings, much of the western side of town really. I'm surprised there isn't much around Exits 1 and 2 already.

Also needs to be said: the Super 7 really should be built. And the Danbury branch of Metro North I hope gets better improved, it pales in schedule and speed to the nearby Harlem Line.

Was down in Danbury for the first time in several months, noticed some new things going on.

The Gulf gas station at Exit 4 was torn down. There's a building going up, looks like a car wash or car care center, between the Kabuki restaurant and the Westside Campus road on Lake Ave Ext. Some restaurant called Houlihan's opened up across from the Holiday Inn on Eagle Road. And it looks like that car wash across from Xpect Discounts and next to the Hampton Inn is finally progressing.

Anyone know of anything else in the Hat City?

• 1 month later...

Another propsosed devolpment on 20 acres off of a side street from Mill Plain Road. The parcel backs up to I-84 near exit 2. They want to build a 4 story hotel, 2 story office building and a 220 seat restaurant. I really think they should come up with a better idea. There are enough new hotels and restaurants on Mill Plain Road.

I only wonder what occupancy rates are for the other hotels in the Mill Plain area. All those hotels around Exits 1 and 2 aren't the typical side-of-the-interstate motels for overnight travelers, so I'm assuming there must be quite a lot of corporate types staying in the area.

I only wonder what occupancy rates are for the other hotels in the Mill Plain area. All those hotels around Exits 1 and 2 aren't the typical side-of-the-interstate motels for overnight travelers, so I'm assuming there must be quite a lot of corporate types staying in the area.

• 3 months later...

The hotel complex as well as the as forementioned lifestyle center at Marcus Dairy is expected to be approved tommorow. The Old Gulf Station was torn down & replaced with a modern golf station, nothing too special. It looks like there is something in the process in the land next the McDonalds on Lake Ave, directly before it heading east toward downtown. I have also heard spectulations of another 500,000 as well as 2 or 3 smaller 75,000-150,000 square foot office building coming to the Riverview Office Complex over by Federal Road.

The hotel complex as well as the as forementioned lifestyle center at Marcus Dairy is expected to be approved tommorow. The Old Gulf Station was torn down & replaced with a modern golf station, nothing too special. It looks like there is something in the process in the land next the McDonalds on Lake Ave, directly before it heading east toward downtown. I have also heard spectulations of another 500,000 as well as 2 or 3 smaller 75,000-150,000 square foot office building coming to the Riverview Office Complex over by Federal Road.

I was back in Danbury a few weeks ago, and probably will be down there again in two weeks. Noticed the new Gulf station, Fairfield Hall's renovations completed.

That lot next to the Lake Ave. McDonalds, is that the Dunkin Donuts drive thru strip or the lot with the car alarm store between the McD's and the Xtra Mart station?

I was back in Danbury a few weeks ago, and probably will be down there again in two weeks. Noticed the new Gulf station, Fairfield Hall's renovations completed.

That lot next to the Lake Ave. McDonalds, is that the Dunkin Donuts drive thru strip or the lot with the car alarm store between the McD's and the Xtra Mart station?

A good place for some development in the future: there's a decent sized plot on Mill Plain Road, between the Westside Campus and Kenosia Ave. I believe it's across from the Windmill Diner and the strip mall where Trash American Style used to be. Might be too far away from I-84 for a hotel or a gas station, but perhaps a office building similar to the one at the corner of Lake Ave. Ext. and Mill Ridge.

A good place for some development in the future: there's a decent sized plot on Mill Plain Road, between the Westside Campus and Kenosia Ave. I believe it's across from the Windmill Diner and the strip mall where Trash American Style used to be. Might be too far away from I-84 for a hotel or a gas station, but perhaps a office building similar to the one at the corner of Lake Ave. Ext. and Mill Ridge.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just down there yesterday for Western's homecoming, good times.

Didn't really see too much of the city on this trip, but I did notice the land clearing next to the Lake Ave. Ext. McDonalds. Hopefully it's something bigger than just a parking lot extension, but I really don't see much fitting on that little plot of land.

• 1 month later...
I was just down there yesterday for Western's homecoming, good times.

Didn't really see too much of the city on this trip, but I did notice the land clearing next to the Lake Ave. Ext. McDonalds. Hopefully it's something bigger than just a parking lot extension, but I really don't see much fitting on that little plot of land.

Archived