Innovista

Spartan

Thats the one I was talking about. Perhaps my descirption was a bit lacking :)

I think you're referring to the Adesso development, which will actually be at the NW corner of Blossom and Main. I have heard it referred to as South Main, but "South" streets in Columbia don't begin until they run south of Heyward Street.

Adesso rendering

gftrtr.jpg

I think you're referring to the Adesso development, which will actually be at the NW corner of Blossom and Main. I have heard it referred to as South Main, but "South" streets in Columbia don't begin until they run south of Heyward Street.

Adesso rendering

gftrtr.jpg

Yep. But its on the SE corner of the block in which it sits. I have always called it South Main to give it a separate identity from Main St north of the capitol, which is where the business district is. S Main is USC's territory. I think most of my freinds at USC have called it S Main too. Its not something I've ever really thought about before now though :)

Google Maps and Mapquest both confirm what you are saying, so I can't disagree in that respect. But S Main is definately a distinct area, wouldn't you say? Perhaps it is worth of having the S Main desription anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

And Columbia is beginning to lead the way in widespread fuel cell usage throughout the city, which is pioneering on the national level.

Also Columbia is hosting yet another national gathering: the FuelCellSouth 2006 meeting in late April. Let the high-tech economy begin, with SC's capital city leading the way!

Thats good news. I hope that something will pan out this year. Not sure why this is in the Bull St project area though....

Oh man, my heart was POUNDING in the last few minutes! We gave it a valiant effort though; every year for the past few years we've been in the tournament, we've gotten closer and closer to winning. At least this shows that our guys can compete against a higher conference team, and Tennessee definitely respects us now. But a first-time first-round NCAA tournament victory would have been soooooooooo sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

Is that on the Horizon block at Assembly and Blossom? The State had a small snippet about that.

That's the block. The caption under the picture today said it is USC's first Innovista building. Actually the Ben Arnold School of Public Health on Assembly is the first.

not really innovista related, but related to the school of music.... Does anyone know anything about the new performance hall that is supposed to be built in front of Koger? There's supposed to be renderings. I know they are still trying to raise the money for it, so construction is not imminent.

There was a big article in The State the other day about how USC is lining streets with shade trees. It said the master plan calls for shade tree-lined streets throughout Innovista all the way to the river. Yesterday I noticed they have already lined the sidewalks around the new Ben Arnold School of Public Health with oaks, a variety of oak that will grow to be included in Columbia's next generation of grand trees. In my view, by the way, that building is gorgeous.

• 2 weeks later...