Riverview

cajun

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent development for WBR. Go them!!!! They need more things like that to fill in all that open land. These TND's are the wave of the future for the Capital Region. I think they should build another one on the north side of the bridge also along the river. That one would have a downtown view. Did anyone see in the BR Business Report's Daily Report where the State's Planning Commission has endorsed Rouzan? Take that Southdowns!!!! lol

The NIMBY residents need not to let emotions and ignorance take control. This will only increase the quality of life around there. Even if they were to build another single-entrance cookie-cutter subdivision there would be traffic increases. Maybe if there were more turn lanes in the area traffic would not be as bad!

I am just still very much amazed that these people are fighting this development. Do they not realize that it will help them more than what they think it will hurt. It gives them alot more options. Just traffic wise along will help them they will have alot more outlets and won't have to deal with Lee or exit onto Perkins with no light. I'm sure the main entrance of Rouzan will have a light. If I lived in Southdowns I'd much rather go threw Rouzan to get to the light rather than deal with Lee. Such fools..... I don't remember where I was reading this at but one person who lives next to Perkins Rowe said it was the ugliest development he had ever seen. It look like a bunch of run down warehouse. I think that development is absolutely beautiful. They did an excellent job with it. I wish there was a way for the whole Swaggart concrete shrine on that side of Bluebonnet to be redeveloped and incorporated into Perkins Rowe. Can you imagine how that would look if that whole side of the street was developed like Perkins Rowe all the way to the mall? I'd buy in there in a heart beat.

You are right Bobby; the Reniassance will be built on the dorm that was never completed. I believe buckett is talking about the other two dorms(apts.) that have always been occupied??

The future Reniassance is the closest to the right; the other two in the background are the Bluebonnet Tower Apts.

snaphappy042zt2.jpg

Ooops yall...this is the Riverview WBR thread...my bad

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the clip Bryde! Interesting to see that Port Allen could annex that land south of Intracoastal; It will run right-in together with Brusly. Nice looking development for sure. They will probably have to add some lanes on that stretch of La. 1.

^ I'd bet that he'd start selling off the parking area and move on to the larger items. He's old....not going to live much longer, especially considering his lifestyle ;).

Maybe if I decide to go Louisiana for grad school instead of UT...and get a job in Baton Rouge, I could buy something in this Riverview development.

Archived