Charlotte Hornets and the Arena

Raintree21

Also, the Charlotte Checkers home opener is vs. Gwinnett Gladiators Sunday Nov. 1st 2PM

I'm not sure if the Bobcats do this, but one or two bars (I can't remember which ones) would have a deal where you get two drinks and a ticket to the Checkers games for a set price. I think I remember seeing this once or twice last year.

Also, the Charlotte Checkers home opener is vs. Gwinnett Gladiators Sunday Nov. 1st 2PM

I'm not sure if the Bobcats do this, but one or two bars (I can't remember which ones) would have a deal where you get two drinks and a ticket to the Checkers games for a set price. I think I remember seeing this once or twice last year.

I just got an email about it:

"Back by popular demand...Charlotte Checkers Hat Trick. Tickets are $15 per person or $25 for 2 (Limited Time Only) Includes Game Ticket, Pizza from Librettos (Food from 5-6pm), and Ice Cold Draft Beer. Game Time for the Charlotte Checkers is 7:30pm. Plus, Red Bull Energy Drink, and Red Bull Cola Drink Specials will be available all night. We will then return to Buckhead for the Post Game Party with beer and drink specials."

Also, I was looking at the schedule of TWC arena and it seems like there is some event, game, or concert almost every night.

I just got an email about it:

"Back by popular demand...Charlotte Checkers Hat Trick. Tickets are $15 per person or $25 for 2 (Limited Time Only) Includes Game Ticket, Pizza from Librettos (Food from 5-6pm), and Ice Cold Draft Beer. Game Time for the Charlotte Checkers is 7:30pm. Plus, Red Bull Energy Drink, and Red Bull Cola Drink Specials will be available all night. We will then return to Buckhead for the Post Game Party with beer and drink specials."

Also, I was looking at the schedule of TWC arena and it seems like there is some event, game, or concert almost every night.

Great news about the Checkers Hat Trick!

Yea, I've noticed that the schedule for TWCA has really filled out... It seems like once basketball and hockey pick up there are a lot more events going on than the summer. I think in large part b/c of the Ampitheater gets the summer concerts... I do have my tickets for the Oct. 18th Metallica show here! Can't wait! :w00t:

Next Thursday, Oct 15th the Bobcats are having a free, open to the public practice at Time Warner Cable Arena. You can download tickets off Ticketmaster. Doors open at 6:00.

Also, the 'Cats got their first pre-season win tonight against Chris Paul and the Hornets. DJ Augustin lit it up for 22 points...

Next Thursday, Oct 15th the Bobcats are having a free, open to the public practice at Time Warner Cable Arena. You can download tickets off Ticketmaster. Doors open at 6:00.

Also, the 'Cats got their first pre-season win tonight against Chris Paul and the Hornets. DJ Augustin lit it up for 22 points...

Thanks for the headsup!

I was looking forward to the first televised game last night. I forgot how amateurish the TV production is for the Bobcats. I bet they're working with a shoestring budget, and I appreciate having the games on TV in the first place, but YIKES!

DJ looked amazing. Most of his points were from freethrows. I just really like the way DJ runs the game. Felton is fine. But if I had my way, DJ would start and Felton would be second string. None of the rookies looked like they could get much done at all....

• 3 weeks later...

Bobcats home opener is this Friday night against the Knicks... Very pumped about the season starting!

On another note, I saw today that Atlanta just announced they will move the 2012 ACC Tournament from the Georgia Dome to Phillips Arena b/c the commissioner indicated he wanted to return the tournament back to a more intimate environment. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the Georgia Dome only averaged about 25k (at most) for games there. I have a feeling this will open the door for the tournament to return to Charlotte in 2013, 2014 or 2015. The current agreement indicates the location can be moved in any of those years in return for putting it in Greensboro in 2016.

Bobcats home opener is this Friday night against the Knicks... Very pumped about the season starting!

You and me both buddy! After a second half like last year's season, I hope The Cats will keep it up. They could have been a .500 team if they had not had such an abysmal first half.

I've got 10 guys all going to the opener - 8 of which have never been to the Cats.

I don't know about you, but I started to go to Cats games 3 years ago because I had a friend who took me for free once. Now I go all the time.

We'll all take the CATS 3 Bus in together before hand. I think about the people who thought that the Arena was a "bad idea" and a "waste of money." Now think about what it means for Charlotte's people and downtown.

A quote from Larry Brown about the 33-point loss to the Celtics in the season opener:

"We deserved that," coach Larry Brown said Thursday afternoon. "That was God punishing us."

HAHAHAHAHAH! I love Larry Brown.

Tonight we win the home opener! Go CATS!

I hope they win tonight. We need to forget the game against the C's. Unfortunately I had to give up my tickets for tonight b/c I'm unexpectedly out of town. Though, I did make sure my tickets were given to Bobcats fans, so they will be cheering in my spot! I will be there next Friday against the Hawks. Go Cats!

I hope they win tonight. We need to forget the game against the C's. Unfortunately I had to give up my tickets for tonight b/c I'm unexpectedly out of town. Though, I did make sure my tickets were given to Bobcats fans, so they will be cheering in my spot! I will be there next Friday against the Hawks. Go Cats!

Man! Keep me in mind next time Dbull!

• 2 weeks later...

Another measuring stick game for the Bobcats tonight at home against the Orlando Magic... Hopefully the team that showed up against Atlanta in the last home game comes to play tonight. Game #2 for me tonight... Go Cats!

Right there with ya Dbull. Game #3 for me. Haven't missed a home game yet - and they haven't lost at home!

• 2 months later...

Bobcats scored another W over the Rockets tonight, 102-94. Steven Jackson had an awesome game with team record 43 points. They've won 6 of their last 8 and are now just 2 games under .500. I have to say this is the most exciting team I've seen since I've lived here (course that's not saying much since they haven't made the playoffs yet). But, at the rate they are going, we may have something here!

Bobcats scored another W over the Rockets tonight, 102-94. Steven Jackson had an awesome game with team record 43 points. They've won 6 of their last 8 and are now just 2 games under .500. I have to say this is the most exciting team I've seen since I've lived here (course that's not saying much since they haven't made the playoffs yet). But, at the rate they are going, we may have something here!

Heck yea. Quite a game for Captain Jack!

NBA tv analysts are saying that Gerald Wallace is "sure" to make the All Star team. I know his numbers are very close, and the competition is not far behind, but I'd like to think that he will make it... we will see!

Currently kicking myself for not having bought tickets to tonight's game. The game ended up at 125-99, but it was really more lopsided than that -- the starters for both teams didn't get many minutes in the final quarter. With how they've been playing lately, I have a pretty good feeling now that the Bobcats will continue their home game winning streak in their next two games against Sacramento and Miami.

Aussie - You just need to go next time :) I was there tonight. We were running a little late and sat down when the Bobcats were already up 9-0. It was one of the most complete beat downs I've ever seen the Cats put on someone. They beat two solid Western Conference teams back to back, convincingly. I think at one point they were up by 39 points before pulling the starters. Love what Larry Brown has done with this team. Love what Jax and Wallace are doing now. They may make a run at being a 5 or even 4 seed in the playoffs is they keep this up. Great crowd tonight too. The energy is building... I already plan to be at the Miami game on Wednesday. May try to sneak Monday in too :) Go Cats!!! :yahoo:

Today is the day that the Bobcats are OVER .500, and in 5th place in the East!

And Gerald Wallace will represent the team and our fair city in the All Star Slam Dunk contest on 2-14!!!

REP-RE-SENT!

They definitely made it a little interesting in the second half though... whew! Glad they still pulled out the W. Hopefully Wallace's ankle injury isn't that serious. I'm going to the next two home games. Can't wait! Go Cats!

Today is the day that the Bobcats are OVER .500, and in 5th place in the East!

And Gerald Wallace will represent the team and our fair city in the All Star Slam Dunk contest on 2-14!!!

REP-RE-SENT!

ESPN.com has us at 11 in the NBA rankings, right behind two teams we just beat (San Antonio, and Phoenix!) However SI has us at 18<_<. where they get that from is beyond me. GO CATS

Looking at the numbers, I just realized that the cats have the third best home record in the NBA behind the Lakers and the Nuggets. It astounds me, however, that they also have around the third or fourth worst road record in the NBA. In other words, if you'd like to watch the Bobcats win, only watch them in home games. Hopefully they'll turn that stat around as well.

I just can't believe that the attendance at TWCA games is still so low despite their having moved into the 5th spot in the Eastern Conference. I guess the media has got to start hyping them for Charlotteans to really notice. Getting excited over being over .500 for the first time this late in the season is not a great way to advertise for the team. If I were their PR team, I'd push more towards the fact that we aren't that far out of fourth place considering the runs that the Bobcats(+) and the Magic(-) have been making lately.

Looking at the numbers, I just realized that the cats have the third best home record in the NBA behind the Lakers and the Nuggets. It astounds me, however, that they also have around the third or fourth worst road record in the NBA. In other words, if you'd like to watch the Bobcats win, only watch them in home games. Hopefully they'll turn that stat around as well.

I just can't believe that the attendance at TWCA games is still so low despite their having moved into the 5th spot in the Eastern Conference. I guess the media has got to start hyping them for Charlotteans to really notice. Getting excited over being over .500 for the first time this late in the season is not a great way to advertise for the team. If I were their PR team, I'd push more towards the fact that we aren't that far out of fourth place considering the runs that the Bobcats(+) and the Magic(-) have been making lately.

Yea, I'm not sure what pill they take when they go on the road, but it just seems like a different team. I think though they have started to figure each other out more in the last 2 weeks in terms of chemistry, plays and shooting. It will be interesting to see how they do when they take a long road trip out west next week.

As far as the attendance goes, yea it doesn't make sense to me. I was at the game on Saturday night and I think there was just under 18,000 at the game which is a really good crowd. Yesterday, granted it was a nice day but still, they drew less than 14,000. The attendance isn't the worse in the league by any means (I checked the stats and they are 20th out of 30 teams) but it should be higher. I expect it to be pretty full tomorrow night against Miami, especially since they have a marquee player in Dwayne Wade. One of the annoying things I've always found about Charlotte sports fans is that their college allegiance takes precedence over anything else. If UNC or Duke (or some other ACC team) is playing a game that night, some of those fans won't come (I know some of those people). If a Duke (or other team) alum is in town for a game against the Bobcats, those people will come to see that player and cheer for that team (JJ Reddick of Orlando who played for Duke is prime example). It is what it is, but I guess I still don't get it. Also, there still is this weird perception that it's hard to get tickets for a game. I've noticed it from a few people I know that say, "hey man, can you hook me up with a ticket?"... I'm like, "uh, it's not that hard to get one. Go to ticketmaster.com and you can get one for $15 or less." The only exception to that may be when the Lakers or Cavaliers come to town and then it can be a hard ticket.

But to your point about promoting the team, I think they are doing it a lot more now (despite the message about being .500 in January for the 1st time) than ever before. It used to not be every day that you open the sports section and the first thing you see is "Bobcats crush Suns, win 7th straight at Home!"... It used to be at the bottom right corner under neath all the UNC and Duke headlines. In online version of the O, there would be 5 user comments after a game. 3 of which would still be complaining about the arena being built. Now it's a lot more people putting some thoughtful analysis behind everything and looking at the glass as half full. The perception is getting better, it just takes time. One playoff run may not kill all the negative nellies, but it will sure bring out more positive Petes too. After all, these guys represent our city. They are the only "city" pro team in the Carolinas. Let's hope they do us proud, and we can do them proud by supporting them.