Jacksonville to get Asian development.

Sue Khoo, owner of Unique Furniture in "downtown Jacksonville" has purchased the shopping center where her business is located. Only the drug store will remain in what will become an Asian-inspired shopping center. She looks to locate retail and restaurants like Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indian and Cambodian in the center. A museum of Asian cultures is also planned.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They do have enough of a population to support an Asian grocery store. You need to think about why there are a number of Asians in Jacksonville. There are a number of airmen who served time in Asia and returned with a wife. I don't think a city would have to have a large Asian population to support an area with a Japanese, Chinese, Tai, Korean and other restaurants. I think it is a good idea to put them in one spot. By the way the location will be the 130,000 sq.ft. Jacksonville Shopping Center.

They do have enough of a population to support an Asian grocery store. You need to think about why there are a number of Asians in Jacksonville. There are a number of airmen who served time in Asia and returned with a wife. I don't think a city would have to have a large Asian population to support an area with a Japanese, Chinese, Tai, Korean and other restaurants. I think it is a good idea to put them in one spot. By the way the location will be the 130,000 sq.ft. Jacksonville Shopping Center.

Archived