IN PROGRESS: Metropolitan Miami (Met 1, Met 2, Met 3)

bobliocatt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

help me out here: I'm not sure I see the difference, except this rendering doesn't have a top and we're seeing it looking west rather than east. The color is probably just decorative lighting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Three observations for starters:

(1) Art Deco-ish

(2) Prominant horizontal bands

(3) The fins up top

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some updates to the Met Miami project, as recently reported on the city's Planning Development Report:

• Hotel component added to complex, with 400 rooms, and number of residential units reduced to 1127 (was 1500). Miami Today reports that the hotel will be located within Met 2.

• Office space for entire complex increased to 678,230 square feet (was 9,000 sf.) (Miami Today reports 700,000 sf. "commercial", likely both office and retail)

• Retail space reduced slightly to 156,301 sf. (was 159,061 sf.)

• Met 3 is still on file with the city with a heigh of 786 feet (advertised height is 866 ft.).

From Miami Today:

• Met 2 will be redesigned as office, retail, and hotel, 31 stories high, 640 feet tall.

• Buildout of Met complex projected to be complete within 4 years.

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/050728/story4.shtml

Related UrbanPlanet.org topics: South Florida P&C: Metropolitan Miami

• 2 months later...

i doubt it,as much as i wish it would become our signature tower i don't think it will after being reduced 200ft by the faa it lost its status as the second tallest and now its going to probably by the 10-20 tallest barely seen in the skyline. it would of looked incredible at the original height of

860ft and 795ft. anyways which building will become our best or signature building?

also expect paramount park to be reduced in height sometime in the furture

I'm guessing the MET will be the "signature tower". It's in a pretty significant location, and is really tall.

But Miami has seen Bank of America and Wachovia towers for quite some time. Like, even in the movie True Lies, people recognize those buildings. I think that after like 20 years of ruling the skyline, they might not lose their "signature" status. Just some ideas.

yea its already been redesign 3 times, the first 2 times were to change placement of the tower and this time was to change the tower from a residential to and office tower and the short tower at the bottom is a hotel tower.

this tower is definetly better but now it will barely seen thanks to the ugly dupont towers.

the architects are nichols brosch sandoval www.nbsarch.com.

i think there office buildings are quite sweeet,they did 1450 brickell and now met2.

The new Met2 looks amazing... "Plain Jane" for Met1 is pretty accurate. To think, THAT would be the first prominent building you would see as you're crossing the Miami River into downtown and making the curve onto Biscayne Blvd Way, after having just seen ICON on the Brickell side. Blue glass to Green glass. THAT's a signature tower right now. Can't wait.

Archived