The Dash Downtown Ballpark

cityboi

If anything resembling this sort of reporting was done in W-S about a Greensboro project, there would be an anti-Triadism cry that would reverberate throughout the entire State. But, it's OK for it to be done in Greensboro- say what you will but Triadism means projects as long as Greensboro's name is first.

Believe it or not, the News & Record doesn't speak on behalf of the city. So don't interpret one article as the entire city of Greensboro against Winston-Salem. You'll notice that the Greensboro folks on the Triad thread have written supportively about the need for this project to be completed.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I learned something disturbing a few months ago. Apparently, Prim and Co. is going to demolish the homes across from the ballpark for a surface lot for parking. mad.gif God knows how long we'll have to look at that until they build "Phase 2", if ever.

I'm not surprised, since it was determined it would be 'cost-prohibitive' to move and rehab these houses. It is a shame though.

On another note, I received a call today offering me a 'free behind the scenes tour' of the ballpark from a Dash representative. I wonder if I can take pics???

I'm not surprised, since it was determined it would be 'cost-prohibitive' to move and rehab these houses. It is a shame though.

On another note, I received a call today offering me a 'free behind the scenes tour' of the ballpark from a Dash representative. I wonder if I can take pics???

Those houses are a horrible loss and it is a shame that nothing could be done about them. Personally, I wish they would stay and be renovated. They really give the ballpark a neighborhood feel.

George, if you want, you can PM me to discuss the following. It's ironic you brought up a tour of the ballpark as I was thinking that would be a great possible first "UP Triad meet-up".

Those houses are a horrible loss and it is a shame that nothing could be done about them. Personally, I wish they would stay and be renovated. They really give the ballpark a neighborhood feel.

George, if you want, you can PM me to discuss the following. It's ironic you brought up a tour of the ballpark as I was thinking that would be a great possible first "UP Triad meet-up".

Why can't the houses remain until phase-two gets underway? If I'm not mistaken, phase-two plans didn't include massive amounts of supplementary parking for the ballpark anyway. So why is it needed now?

Why can't the houses remain until phase-two gets underway? If I'm not mistaken, phase-two plans didn't include massive amounts of supplementary parking for the ballpark anyway. So why is it needed now?

Phase Two does include 2-3 parking decks for the mixed-use village. They are supposed to replace the future gravel <_< lot pictured in the first photo in my update post. I heard nothing about them demolishing those houses until they were ready to construct the retail and residential portions of the complex. As the houses are now, they need to be demolished as Prim has let them fall into a horrible state of disrepair and gangs have tagged them. I know it needs to be done, but I HATE parking lots and just don't want to see these classic neighborhood homes demolished and have it replaced by an ugly sight till further notice.

• 1 month later...

It was recently announced that Legends Hospitality Management will provide concessions. Cowboys Stadium and Yankee Stadium are among current clients.

"a level of food and beverage concessions that will be unlike anything our fans have seen before." - Kevin Terry

Nice videos! Thanks for those!

While driving on Peters Creek tonight, the exterior ballpark facade lights are on. Not bad! :thumbsup:

thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So dead around here.

AERCh4zZ.jpg

BB&T Ballpark is the new name. The sign along the Bus. 40 marquee went up yesterday.

4384344582_b652e48707_o.jpg

The scoreboard is next.

Also, other founding sponsors were announced...Lowes, Lowes Foods, WFUBMC, Flow and Natty Greene's. Womble Carlyle bought naming rights to a club suite. Blue Rhino Backyard is the picnic terrace along right field. The Childress Institute has the KidZone and Nature's Select has the grassy knoll.

4384344582_b652e48707_o.jpg

The scoreboard is next.

Also, other founding sponsors were announced...Lowes, Lowes Foods, WFUBMC, Flow and Natty Greene's. Womble Carlyle bought naming rights to a club suite. Blue Rhino Backyard is the picnic terrace along right field. The Childress Institute has the KidZone and Nature's Select has the grassy knoll.

Drove by the park the other day, the scoreboard was up with Advertiser signs... will try to snap a pic maybe tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived