"Alticor" going back to "Amway"

Now that I have heard this from mulitple, unrelated people, it appears that Alticor has decided to change the flagship holding company name back to "Amway" in the next year or so. Also, it appears that Quixtar will change its name to Amway, too.

It has a lot to do with name recognition and very little to do with anything else. Just goes to show that there is something to a name. :thumbsup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that I have heard this from mulitple, unrelated people, it appears that Alticor has decided to change the flagship holding company name back to "Amway" in the next year or so. Also, it appears that Quixtar will change its name to Amway, too.

It has a lot to do with name recognition and very little to do with anything else. Just goes to show that there is something to a name. :thumbsup:

I seem to remember reading something about it, shortly after the failed Devos campaign. I don't remember if it was an op-ed, blog or opinion piece or what, but it was saying that Amway really had a lot of positive feedback from its customers/distributors to its "I am Amway" ads during the campaign, and were contemplating folding the names together again. Wish I could remember where. No luck in a google search either, but I would say YF is probably on to something.

I was on my way to a meeting on Saturday morning, and Vespa'd past the hotel, where a big crowd of touristas was gathered. When I was stopped at a light, out came the digital cameras en masse! I can hear them now, as they pass around the photos in Bangalore and Taipei:

"And look, they have scooters in Grand Rapids, too! What a modern city!"

That whole company structure gives me the hibbijibbies! I got involved with it for about a year and met some very strange people and saw a lot of sketchy things. Im not saying its a scam or an evil biz like people like to say, but it looked quite sketch to me. Im surprised though after constantly trying to convince IBO's and customers that quixtar has nothing to do with amway, that now they want to change the name back?

That whole company structure gives me the hibbijibbies! I got involved with it for about a year and met some very strange people and saw a lot of sketchy things. Im not saying its a scam or an evil biz like people like to say, but it looked quite sketch to me. Im surprised though after constantly trying to convince IBO's and customers that quixtar has nothing to do with amway, that now they want to change the name back?

Ok so I was on vacation for two weeks and didn't read my work email yet. They are basically going back to the Amway name because it is better known and the believe the business has become too cluttered the way it is. The company received good feedback from the "I Am Amway" commercials. Why sales over seas are very well, sales are lackluster here in the US and they want improve there imagine as well as be more competitive. Quixtar will be dissolved into Amway as well as Access Business Group. Access Business Group will exist as a legal entity only, but the in a couple years the only name you'll here is Amway.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I was told (and I have very realiable sources being working close to the company) - That once they do the whole dissolving thing the amway name itself will be changed - it won't just be amway, it'll kinda be like an amway 2.0 ordeal. They just haven't thought of the name yet :lol:

Well, whatever it ends up being, I would suggest the old "globe" logo be used to replace the current logo.

I mean, really, a pine tree, which looks kind of like a pyramid; why don't they just play into the stereotype a little more?!

From what I was told (and I have very realiable sources being working close to the company) - That once they do the whole dissolving thing the amway name itself will be changed - it won't just be amway, it'll kinda be like an amway 2.0 ordeal. They just haven't thought of the name yet :lol:

Archived