Icon Hotel Updates

GRDadof3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do wonder what the market for downtown hotels is like. Is there room for two NoMo hotels? Does having more hotel rooms make DeVos place more attractive as a convention locaion, thereby making both developments likely to succeed? Or, faced with more competition, will one of the proposed NoMo hotels fall through?

I do wonder what the market for downtown hotels is like. Is there room for two NoMo hotels? Does having more hotel rooms make DeVos place more attractive as a convention locaion, thereby making both developments likely to succeed? Or, faced with more competition, will one of the proposed NoMo hotels fall through?

Moch said yesterday at a young professional event that the hotel would be started in 90 days.

Also, what I found amazing was of the 60-some units sold in Icon on Bond, only 5ish have closed. The remaining un-closed units are bound by only refundable deposits (not sure how much). Not sure if Moch is sweating this, but it would seem to me that the shaky housing market may detour some folks from selling their homes and moving into Icon after all.

I think the North Monroe streetcar line would completely reshape that area for the better. I can't wait to see it up and running. Now all we need to do is get a connecting secondary line to go up Health Hill and we'd have the beginings of a beautiful rail system. :wub:

*snaps head upright*

I must have nodded off again. ^_^

I think it's a chicken and egg issue, especially along Monroe. A streetcar line, if built today, would not serve a lot in the area; and on the flip side, if hotels, retail, residential had an available line there, they would build more, since the users would have quick, cheap, easy access to downtown. I think though, that this city, and that part in particular, in addition to Health Hill, or whatever you call it, is ready for some serious transit. :)

• 6 months later...

I can't believe it. Moch's are still pushing forward with their plans to lease parking spaces from the city for this new hotel. They've also asked for more parking spaces then they originally requested.

In this week's City Commission Agenda.

I can't believe it. Moch's are still pushing forward with their plans to lease parking spaces from the city for this new hotel. They've also asked for more parking spaces then they originally requested.

In this week's City Commission Agenda.

Archived