Embassy Suites Downtown

Who would you like to build on the former arena site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to build on the former arena site?

• BC Development Co: 300 hotel rooms, 15,000 s.f. of ballroom space, 120,000 s.f. office, Possible 54,000 s.f. upscale condos.
    • HCW Evergreen: 200 hotel rooms, 10,000-12,000 s.f. meeting space, 30 luxury condos, 60,000-120,000 s.f. office.
    • Opus Northwest: 100,000-180,000 s.f. office, 100,000-150,000 s.f. possible hotel.
    • John Q. Hammons: 150-room hotel, 50 underground parking, 100,000-125,000 s.f. office.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I just found some really cool news!!! Mr. Rick Bier of BC Dev. said he will still build a hotel Downtown if he doesn't get chosen!

Baier also said his company is interested in coming to Springfield to build downtown hotel rooms even if BC development doesn't get this project. An in-house feasibility study shows the average daily rate for a hotel room can go higher in Springfield than in Kansas City, Baier said.

Huffman said his study also shows Springfield can accommodate an upper-end hotel.

OK guys I found this news blip yesterday about the TIF meeting. What is really fishy is how the Mayor (Tom Carlson) spoke to them and told the TIF to not choose favorites, but instead submit all proposals that meet the minimun criteria. I can gurantee you guys that this has Hammons name all over it. He is friends with just about everyone on the City Counsel, and they are the ones that will get to choose the proposal.

Here's the story: http://ozarksfirst.com/?sid=91e9e72d0a5f73..._stories_page=2

There will be a public comment meeting sometime in late June, so some of us should try to go and backlash at Hammons for what he's done in the previous months.

OK guys I found this news blip yesterday about the TIF meeting. Was is really fishy is how the Mayor (Tom Carlson) spoke to them and told the TIF to not choose favorites but instead submit all proposals that meet the minimun criteria. I can gurantee you guys that this has Hammons name all over it. He is friend with just about everyone on the City Counsel, and they are the ones that will get to choose the proposal.

Here's the story: http://ozarksfirst.com/?sid=91e9e72d0a5f73..._stories_page=2

There will be a public comment meeting sometime in late June so some of us should try to go to backlash at Hammons for what he's done in the previous months.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats pretty funny! Although I wonder if the person who thought that up was being seriour or sarcastic? I bet Hammons is sitting in his office shaking his head up and down with a big grin because he is too stupid to know what the underlying meaning is.

WOW WOW WOW. I don't know where to start!!!!!!

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

OK, I'm on sanity mode now.

Commission folks already voted to forward four proposals to City Council, the end is near.

Ok, what I were shocked is:

In related news, The Arbor motel at 505 St. Louis St. has been demolished. The property

WOW WOW WOW. I don't know where to start!!!!!!

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

OK, I'm on sanity mode now.

Commission folks already voted to forward four proposals to City Council, the end is near.

Ok, what I were shocked is:

Yes, it's true. I hate hate hate hate that ugly building. I was hoping someday it would be disappeared! And it came!

If HCW Evergreen got it on 1.7 acres, that means JQH will build 8 floors hotel on next his old hotel, and BC Development would build new high-rise building!

High-rise buildings on Old 66 Route! Isn't funny?

Actually, the reason BC demolished that building was becasue if they got choosen to build on the 1.7 acres then they would do a land swap with the city. Although, remember BC Dev. saying that they would most likely build a downtown hotel even if not choosen. I don't know about you guys but I hope that HCW gets the vote!

If BC Development should be chosen for the former arena site, Spence said the Arbor Hotel location would be available for a museum or an office tower.

This would be a win-win in our opinion, Spence said.

But if BC Development should not get the project on St. Louis Street, Spence said she may proceed with a new hotel and office complex on the Arbor Hotel site.

If BC Development should be chosen for the former arena site, Spence said the Arbor Hotel location would be available for a museum or an office tower.

This would be a win-win in our opinion, Spence said.

But if BC Development should not get the project on St. Louis Street, Spence said she may proceed with a new hotel and office complex on the Arbor Hotel site.

Archived