Embassy Suites Downtown

Who would you like to build on the former arena site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to build on the former arena site?

• BC Development Co: 300 hotel rooms, 15,000 s.f. of ballroom space, 120,000 s.f. office, Possible 54,000 s.f. upscale condos.
    • HCW Evergreen: 200 hotel rooms, 10,000-12,000 s.f. meeting space, 30 luxury condos, 60,000-120,000 s.f. office.
    • Opus Northwest: 100,000-180,000 s.f. office, 100,000-150,000 s.f. possible hotel.
    • John Q. Hammons: 150-room hotel, 50 underground parking, 100,000-125,000 s.f. office.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm... they must have reduced the number of hotel rooms because 17 stories just doesn't make sense. If Huffmans is 20 stories and 100 rooms less, thats just weird. I'm still routing for Huffman!

If BC Development should be chosen for the former arena site, Spence said the Arbor Hotel location would be available for a museum or an office tower.

This would be a win-win in our opinion, Spence said.

But if BC Development should not get the project on St. Louis Street, Spence said she may proceed with a new hotel and office complex on the Arbor Hotel site.

• 3 weeks later...

I figured they would take this long... I'm sure we will once again make one of the developers mad and they will end up droping out. Also, I did some research on who runs the Expo Center and guess who it is........John Q. Hammons Hotels! AHHH, I really want to strangle our city leaders or who ever made that decision. I'm not getting my hopes up with this hotel thing because I have a feeling they will choose John, I'm sure he will somehow blackmail then council or cry about it, or what ever else that pathetic man does when he doesn't get his way! Maybe just maybe the city council will open thier eyes on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, don't get your hopes up if you see something in the News-Leader about this today. All today's article says that is new is that decisions are getting pushed back into September. Ahhhhhhhhhh..... thhhhheee ssspeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddd of goooovvvvvvveerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttt!

I'm sure Hammons coaxed them into delaying this so he could tweak his plans to be exactly what the commision wants. I don't know if you guys know but Hammons owns a 90 foot lease on the property bordering the Expo Center and in his Hotel Plans he didn't even have it attached to the Expo center! LOL Huffman on the other hand had his hotel plan attached to the Expo and he doesn't own that lease. Just goes to show who know's what their doing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ahhh, what a piece of S$$T Hammons is!!! I guarentee you guys that the city counsel waited this long because they knew that HCW and BC would drop from the race, Hammons was just sitting on the sidlines waiting for the call. I would like to spit in each and every one of the city counsel's face's! Do they really think that Springfield can be a progressive city if we have this dictator who seems to always get the city counsel vote! I'm sick of this and I'm sick of the corrupt city counsel! I think I'm going to contact Mr. Eric Olson, the SBJ Editor, and maybe persuade him to write an article about this whole deal.

Hammons is a sneaky little guy:

The deal would involve Hammons building more than just a hotel. It could also include an eight-story office building, a change in ownership of a parking garage and a connector from the new hotel to the Springfield Expo Center.

The 8 story office building would be where JQ's statue is now.

By the way, I don't really hate him. Without him our city wouldn't be near what it is now...

For those that forgot what Hammons proposal will look like:

hammonscopy.jpg

While it sucks that Hammons is gonna get it, I'm sure he will do a good job. And this way we get another pretty tall (8 story) office tower out of the deal.

I will guarantee you guys that he will reduce his proposal and put like a little 10 story building on the arena site since BKD is looking at other places to build. This is the last piece of prime real-estate in Downtown and we are in the 20th century now! I think we can do better than 10 floors!!

Archived