Get Inspired Charleston

knightrider162

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cities accross the state and nation are going for the branding & logo thing, so this move doesn't suprise me at all. Its interesting though, because they are using this from more of a "metro" perspective, rather than just the "City of Charleston" perspective. Columbia recently undertook a similar effort, but I don't think it was anywhere near as successful.

I like the "Charleston Inspired" angle more than the "Get Inspired Charleston" one. I think that "Charleston Inspired" does a good job of capturing what Charleston is, and I like that its something everyone can understand and use to promote Charleston.

I do not like the rainbow thing that much. I think they shouldn't have focused as much on the symbolism of colors. They should pick something that is more blatantly symbolic (think about the SC palmetto & crescent moon).

You know, considering that Chas has one of the largest bridges in the Americas, why didn't they emphasize that in the logo along with something like a church steeple, or palmetto tree, or something nautical? I agree about the logo...it's just too bland. You could almost use that for any city that starts with the letter "C". I do like the idea of creating a "Charleston brand", though.

Not sure where this logo idea came from, but it is an odd one for sure. It has a 1970 aesthetic about it--sort of what they would've come up with for the tricentennial celebration under the geodesic dome at Charlestowne Landing. Are we now going to see mini flags all over light poles downtown with this thing on it? Charleston will never go for that! :wacko:

Who is responsible for this? Was it a homework project for an SCAD student? If not and this is a serious development, what were they thinking??? :huh:

Not sure where this logo idea came from, but it is an odd one for sure. It has a 1970 aesthetic about it--sort of what they would've come up with for the tricentennial celebration under the geodesic dome at Charlestowne Landing. Are we now going to see mini flags all over light poles downtown with this thing on it? Charleston will never go for that! :wacko:

Who is responsible for this? Was it a homework project for an SCAD student? If not and this is a serious development, what were they thinking??? :huh:

Archived