More incompetence from the Mayor's office

beerbeer

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

honest question, and not trying to be sarcastic. who advises Perez? seems hard to believe he would be making all these blunders if he was seeking advice from others. the parking lot deal was bad enough and then promoting his assistant to the 129,000 a year job at the board of education as well as the stunts at the capitol. just seems to defy common sense

Perez is a grass roots organizer, that how he built his reputation. While this is good skill set to have during elections. It is not a good skill set to govern. He sides with unions against business in a knee jerk fashion. He seems ill-equipped to deal with top management of major business. It's the Peter Principle in action.

Perez is in way over his head. He would have been OK had the mayor remained a figurehead position in Hartford. But it has changed to a power position and Perez has done just about everything wrong with that new found power. He has watched multiple businesses and corporations - many with longtime ties to Hartford - leave town. He has isolated himself (and in turn his city) at the Capitol. He has sided with unions to the point of hurting his city. He has been caught orchestrating highly unethical yet self-serving business deals. He just doesn't have the business or political savvy needed for what the position of mayor calls for now.

Just wondering if any other Hartford residents here received their "refrigerator magnets" from the Mayor's office in the mail today. Aside from the fact that this is clearly a political mailing at the taxpayers expense, I am wondering how others perceive this and if I am the only one disgusted by this use of our tax dollars by our ethically challenged Mayor.

It amazes me we can't get kids that can read and write to graduate from Hartford schools, but we can produce glitzy mailings to promote the Mayor's re-election at the taxpayers expense.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if any other Hartford residents here received their "refrigerator magnets" from the Mayor's office in the mail today. Aside from the fact that this is clearly a political mailing at the taxpayers expense, I am wondering how others perceive this and if I am the only one disgusted by this use of our tax dollars by our ethically challenged Mayor.

It amazes me we can't get kids that can read and write to graduate from Hartford schools, but we can produce glitzy mailings to promote the Mayor's re-election at the taxpayers expense.

Archived