The Promenade At Chenal

Wine bar coming to Promenade in 2010.

I saw that on a drive through the center tonight. Don't remember the exact name of it, but it's right across from Maggie Moo's and the movie theater.

Just a few doors down, there is another restaurant opening in 2010. It sounds very interesting:

I saw that on a drive through the center tonight. Don't remember the exact name of it, but it's right across from Maggie Moo's and the movie theater.

Just a few doors down, there is another restaurant opening in 2010. It sounds very interesting:

Wine bar is called Wine Loft I believe. Great addition to the place....as is Blanc if it comes. Restaurants will bring this place into it's own.

http://www.blancburgers.com/

COOL!!!! I think 2010 is going to be good for the Promenade! Bravo should be opening soon. I have also heard rumors that many of the stores that pulled out are coming back now that the economy is rebounding.

COOL!!!! I think 2010 is going to be good for the Promenade! Bravo should be opening soon. I have also heard rumors that many of the stores that pulled out are coming back now that the economy is rebounding.

I hope that rumor is true. All it would take would be the Apple store and maybe J Crew to offer something unique to the market and get momentum going.

• 4 weeks later...

Those rumors may be true. According to plumbing permits, Anthropolagie is coming to the Promenade. The permit lists three suite #s, so it must be a pretty sizable store. It'll be located directly across from Ann Taylor Loft.

Even though this isn't somewhere I would shop, it's good news for the center. It's the first one in Arkansas. Unique stores are what the center really needs.

Those rumors may be true. According to plumbing permits, Anthropolagie is coming to the Promenade. The permit lists three suite #s, so it must be a pretty sizable store. It'll be located directly across from Ann Taylor Loft.

Even though this isn't somewhere I would shop, it's good news for the center. It's the first one in Arkansas. Unique stores are what the center really needs.

Wow...that's good news. I think this is a good sign for the center...hopefully the others that were on hold (J. Crew, Apple, etc.) will now move ahead! It'd be nice to pick up a new iPad (announced today!) in person!

This is really good for the center. This is a very cool store, not that i shop there, but lots of friends love it. They are owned by the same company that owns Urban Outfitters. Perhaps we will see one of thoes in the near future. This would be the first Anthropolagie in the state!! It deffently adds some UMPH!!! to the Promenade. I really hope this is what the center needs to get things moving. Although, are the Suite #'s listed the same ones that still have JCrew listed as leasing them?

How about the other stores listed as opening this springs, mainly the wine bar and other ones? Has work started on thoes yet? Bravo?

IMAX

DSW

Apple(PLEASE)

JCrew(PLEASE)

Anthropolagie

ALL FIRST FOR THE STATE!!!

The suite #s would place it next to where J CRew was originally supposed to go. Nothing was ever associated with these suites that I know of. That's a good thing.

I was at the center a few days ago and the only obvious construction was on Bravo, which looks like it should open in March. That matches what their website says. It's progressing nicely.

Edited by adman0468

This is really good for the center. This is a very cool store, not that i shop there, but lots of friends love it. They are owned by the same company that owns Urban Outfitters. Perhaps we will see one of thoes in the near future. This would be the first Anthropolagie in the state!! It deffently adds some UMPH!!! to the Promenade. I really hope this is what the center needs to get things moving. Although, are the Suite #'s listed the same ones that still have JCrew listed as leasing them?

How about the other stores listed as opening this springs, mainly the wine bar and other ones? Has work started on thoes yet? Bravo?

IMAX

DSW

Apple(PLEASE)

JCrew(PLEASE)

Anthropolagie

ALL FIRST FOR THE STATE!!!

Its always cool seeing new stores. Especially in LR. Though we have had an IMAX for a long time now.

• 2 weeks later...

From an interview with Apple's COO Tim Cook today at the Goldman Sachs Technology & Internet Conference:

Q: Where do you see retail store expansion going?

A: Early on, we set a range of 25-50 new stores per year as our goal. We've been at the high end of that range and the low end, but we like that pace. In 2008, the world started to fall apart with the economy. We thought it would be better to slow down and wait for great properties to come on the market. That did happen, and we're ready to take advantage. We're turning the dial back up and will be near the high end of the range this year.

Here's to hoping that Apple re-prioritizes the originally planned Little Rock location!

From an interview with Apple's COO Tim Cook today at the Goldman Sachs Technology & Internet Conference:

Q: Where do you see retail store expansion going?

A: Early on, we set a range of 25-50 new stores per year as our goal. We've been at the high end of that range and the low end, but we like that pace. In 2008, the world started to fall apart with the economy. We thought it would be better to slow down and wait for great properties to come on the market. That did happen, and we're ready to take advantage. We're turning the dial back up and will be near the high end of the range this year.

Here's to hoping that Apple re-prioritizes the originally planned Little Rock location!

Encouraging news. Anyone knows when Bravo is opening? Also, there is a poll on the shopping center's website asking "What Specialty store would you like to see join the Promenade?". Most of the surveyers are saying book store followed closely by coffee shop.

i would like to see the coffee shop thats in the small development across the street move to the promenade, or perhaps a local shop.

I hope apple opens this year.

Does anyone know when work is suppose to start on The Wine Loft and Blanc?

I could see the Coffee Beanery moving. When the center was first announced, there was supposed to be a Starbucks, but I dont see that happening, no matter how much the economy improves.

Blanc has applied for their plumbing permit, but I haven't seen a building permit. I haven't seen anything on the Wine Loft.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a bit of good news. Anthropolgie has job listings on the web for its store. I guess this means that we will see this store in the near future.

Construction has already started. It's one building down from DSW and just across from Ann Taylor Loft. There's no signage for it yet, though.

Here is the link to the Urban Outfitter's job page. Urban is the parent company of Anthropologie and they have a handful of jobs listed for new Little Rock location. According to the site, it says the store will be open in Summer 2010. If you are looking to get a job at the new Anthropologie I would check this out:

http://hostedjobs.openhire.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.allpositions&company_id=15602&version=1

Anthropologie is putting a store in Little Rock at the Promenade at Chenal. This is a higher end women's clothing store, owned by the same parent company as Urban Outfitters. This is a huge boost to the Prom at Chenal's future. Having a trendy, higher end store like Anthropologie will only help attract other names (Apple) to the center. If you are interested in working at Anthropologie they have posted a handful of job positions on their website below. The store is set to be open by Summer 2010. The first link is their job listings, the second is their normal website:

http://hostedjobs.op...15602&version=1

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/index.jsp

Edited by hogfan4life

• 2 weeks later...