The Promenade At Chenal

As an aside, my opinion is that while I prefer and/or would like more than one location of BR in the Little Rock market, I think a Chenal location would only hurt Park Plaza. And in that vein, I'm fine with the current setup.

NWA has two BR locations and does just fine, but I agree with you and I definately dont want to see all of Park Plaza's key tenants replicated in the Promenade.

NWA has two BR locations and does just fine, but I agree with you and I definately dont want to see all of Park Plaza's key tenants replicated in the Promenade.

Yeah, kinda crazy. And they actually have 3 GAP stores (1 is women only) - while LR (currently) has only 1. I would suggest the GAP/BR group is missing something here...

Yeah, kinda crazy. And they actually have 3 GAP stores (1 is women only) - while LR (currently) has only 1. I would suggest the GAP/BR group is missing something here...

With the Promenade open I think of Washington and Benton Cos as distinct markets. I doubt many people from Bentonville spend much time at NWA Mall anymore and few from Fayetteville go to Promenade unless it's for a store like Pottery Barn they lack. I don't think West and Central LR are at all distinct markets, though NLR vs LR probably is to a lesser extent. It's weirder that McCain and its surrounds lack these stores to me.

With the Promenade open I think of Washington and Benton Cos as distinct markets. I doubt many people from Bentonville spend much time at NWA Mall anymore and few from Fayetteville go to Promenade unless it's for a store like Pottery Barn they lack. I don't think West and Central LR are at all distinct markets, though NLR vs LR probably is to a lesser extent. It's weirder that McCain and its surrounds lack these stores to me.

Perhaps. But I'm certain the national retailers consider it one market, which it is. They're no farther apart than Promenade and McCain (and yes, the McCain absence is perplexing to say the least - though after having just visited on Friday, I'm not surprised...what a disappointment with the lack of attention by Simon).

The idea of a women's store for Banana Republic at The Promenade doesn't surprise me, specifically because such a store is part of Saddle Creek, just outside of Memphis. But the rationale of waiting on performance of the newly remodeled Park Plaza store (and it is indeed nice... but I still miss the days of housewares being part of the mix, though I suppose that's what Pottery Barn is for) is reason enough for me not to see a second BR here in central Arkansas for now. Or even 1.5 BR stores, as the case may be.

Gap, of course, also went through a recent remodel, but I really could see a second store fitting in here. And if not here, and not in a nicer yet-to-be-built center in North Little Rock, someone should look into setting up a nice lifestyle center in western Conway for them to inhabit

Gap, of course, also went through a recent remodel, but I really could see a second store fitting in here. And if not here, and not in a nicer yet-to-be-built center in North Little Rock, someone should look into setting up a nice lifestyle center in western Conway for them to inhabit

I understand that Conway is going to suffer a bit with regard to those who have historically commuted to Little Rock. But the flip of that is Conway has also rapidly become more self-sustaining, with a relatively young, well-educated, and progressive population, and a diversifying economy all its own. It's a rising star that will soon be the same size as North Little Rock, which is hard to ignore when one is considering real estate development — be it residential or commercial. Conway Commons is an excellent mid-range commercial development, even though it's largely at the expense of Conway Towne Center. Lots of small strip developments are popping up all over the city, but its market hasn't matured to the point of readiness (in many eyes) for something on the order of The Promenade, or even Midtowne. The newest residential growth (and indeed, perhaps much of the new money in town) is in the west, and commercial developments will need to catch up one day.

I say all this because whatever a smaller market like Conway doesn't get yet or isn't ready for, Little Rock may receive instead. There's little doubt in my mind that if the right setup existed already, a youth-oriented retailer like American Eagle Outfitters (for example) might opt for Conway quicker than a secondary store in west Little Rock. But since nothing specifically attractive exists, we have the situation as it is. The Promenade will reap the benefits. Conversely, if the core city or area of a region is sufficiently serviced with existing locations, a retailer may seek to branch out to the outlying areas, such as Metropolitan National Bank is now doing. And even though The Promenade is farther out versus many neighborhoods throughout Little Rock, its management appears to have insulated it to the point of having at least some unique destinations. The IMAX theater and J. Crew show Little Rock as a city has arrived perhaps, while Coldwater Creek and American Eagle represent west Little Rock as an increasingly distinct market has arrived. The ability for all of The Promenade to develop and survive without other elements like fast food — at the same time that other developments elsewhere in the city do the same — shows yet another positive aspect.

If the central Arkansas market can hold on to developments like The Promenade, Park Avenue, Park Plaza and Pleasant Ridge Town Center — with all doing reasonably well in tandem — the next level of retail could be as quick as five to ten years from now. While I'd like to see it develop sooner (imagine — Nordstrom, grand opening summer 2018! It'd be easier to just go to Dallas or St. Louis now...), that's probably the most realistic projection.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

As far as Conway is concerned, in my opinion its growth would be a much larger asset to the Little Rock metro area if Conway was more integrated into the rest of the metro, like say Maumelle or Bryant are. Ive always percieved Conway to be a bedroom community to Little Rock with the exception of a few employers like Acxiom and the Universities. As fuel goes higher, more and more people who commute from Conway, and possibly Cabot as well, are going to be trying to move back to Pulaski county. This is already starting to happen. It would have helped if they would have widened I-40 to six lanes the entire distance from LR to Conway, but even then it would have been delaying the inevitable.

As far as Conway is concerned, in my opinion its growth would be a much larger asset to the Little Rock metro area if Conway was more integrated into the rest of the metro, like say Maumelle or Bryant are. Ive always percieved Conway to be a bedroom community to Little Rock with the exception of a few employers like Acxiom and the Universities. As fuel goes higher, more and more people who commute from Conway, and possibly Cabot as well, are going to be trying to move back to Pulaski county. This is already starting to happen. It would have helped if they would have widened I-40 to six lanes the entire distance from LR to Conway, but even then it would have been delaying the inevitable.

I agree to an extent, but the emergence of UCA as a legitimate, large state university will support Conway no matter where the economics drive people. 15,000 students in town, plus the faculty and staff should keep UCA at least where it is even if people stop commuting to Little Rock. It's always a nice insurance policy for any mid-sized to small city to have a large university like that.

I thought the same thing a few years ago but the Fayetteville Shale is going to push non-commuter growth in Conway. The white collar jobs are all in Conway save a handful in Searcy.

Latest Commercial Corner puff piece in the Life in Chenal mag suggests that Deltic's 10 acre tract behind Promenade is being marketed to an upscale retailer (I think it said something clothing related) who is more interested in owning the property rather than leasing. Are there specific retailers that fit that?

It also continues confirmation of Apple. However, it also seems to suggest something or some small part opening on Memorial Day weekend...and somehow I don't see that happening....so it's hard to determine the accuracy of what's stated there.

Latest Commercial Corner puff piece in the Life in Chenal mag suggests that Deltic's 10 acre tract behind Promenade is being marketed to an upscale retailer (I think it said something clothing related) who is more interested in owning the property rather than leasing. Are there specific retailers that fit that?

It also continues confirmation of Apple. However, it also seems to suggest something or some small part opening on Memorial Day weekend...and somehow I don't see that happening....so it's hard to determine the accuracy of what's stated there.

I'm guessing a department store on that site, it's a huge tract for anything else. Dillard's likes to own their own sites, I don't know about other dept stores.

I'm guessing a department store on that site, it's a huge tract for anything else. Dillard's likes to own their own sites, I don't know about other dept stores.

JAMES EYE CARE CENTER THE PROMENADE AT CHENAL BUILDING I SUITE I-117

PROMENADE SAUCE ?

TARGET STORE NUMBER T 2498 PROMENADE BOULEVARD

http://www.sriplanroom.com/db/joblst/JoMast_list.asp

MAGGIE MOOS TREATERY CHENAL PARKWAY MAGGIE MOOS TREATERY 17821 CHENAL PARKWAY UNIT D 113 PROMENADE AT CHENAL

JAMES EYE CARE CENTER THE PROMENADE AT CHENAL BUILDING I SUITE I-117

PROMENADE SAUCE ?

TARGET STORE NUMBER T 2498 PROMENADE BOULEVARD

http://www.sriplanroom.com/db/joblst/JoMast_list.asp

MAGGIE MOOS TREATERY CHENAL PARKWAY MAGGIE MOOS TREATERY 17821 CHENAL PARKWAY UNIT D 113 PROMENADE AT CHENAL

Surely the Target posting is incorrect. Target is not the type of retailer to be found at The Promenade, not to mention they are renovating the location about 3 miles from there.

IF RED development lost Apple, to say Park Avenue, do you think they would want to publicize it?

Surely the Target posting is incorrect. Target is not the type of retailer to be found at The Promenade, not to mention they are renovating the location about 3 miles from there.

If you click on the link and locate that item, you will notice the project is located in Rogers. This website covers projects for the entire state of Arkansas - and even some projects in other states.

If you click on the link and locate that item, you will notice the project is located in Rogers. This website covers projects for the entire state of Arkansas - and even some projects in other states.

Thanks... I looked at the word "Promenade" ...I knew they did all over country...

Any word on a Dick's? I went home for the Derby, shopped at Dick's and I miss having a Dick's. I missed ZGallerie, Macy's, Nine West, Body Shop( skin care), etc.,

This our future...... if or take a few things

http://www.thesummitonline.com/louisville/stores.html

IF RED development lost Apple, to say Park Avenue, do you think they would want to publicize it?

I'm not really suggesting that the Commercial Corner piece is incorrect regarding tenants...I believe it's all on the money. I'm just noting that some of what's in there would appear to be incorrect since it doesn't appear they'll be able to open anything Memorial Day weekend. And I question whether they are really 100% leased as suggested months ago. I certainly hope they are, but....I guess I'm just saying that I take the info with the proverbial grain of salt.

And I question whether they are really 100% leased as suggested months ago. I certainly hope they are, but....I guess I'm just saying that I take the info with the proverbial grain of salt.

An article in the Democrat-Gazette last month included a comment from a spokesperson for the Promenade that said they were not 100% leased. Don't know what the actual percentage is.

And based on progress on that shopping center, I can't see any stores being open before July (except the theater, which can utilize the far entrance away from the ongoing construction).

An article in the Democrat-Gazette last month included a comment from a spokesperson for the Promenade that said they were not 100% leased. Don't know what the actual percentage is.

And based on progress on that shopping center, I can't see any stores being open before July (except the theater, which can utilize the far entrance away from the ongoing construction).

Actually, the speed of development and progress has been staggeringly good. I'll not be surprised if something is ready in June.

Actually, the speed of development and progress has been staggeringly good. I'll not be surprised if something is ready in June.

Promenade at Chenal has taken 8 years to develop. RED development's original announcement was in 2000. This was part of the presentation at the Planning Commission Thursday. It has taken longer to develop than Midtowne, Pleasant Ridge or Shackleford Crossing.

Promenade at Chenal has taken 8 years to develop. RED development's original announcement was in 2000. This was part of the presentation at the Planning Commission Thursday. It has taken longer to develop than Midtowne, Pleasant Ridge or Shackleford Crossing.

I was referring to the construction....which has been remarkably quick (as has been noted by others in this thread.)