Chinese scooter manufacturer eyes CT

doz180

1,000 blue collar jobs may be coming to CT.

On January 29, Ansonia auto dealer Mike Healey announced to a credulous crowd of 200 that a newly formed consortium called Eurospeed USA had begun site selection for assembly of motorcycles, motor scooters and other products manufactured in China for distribution in North America and Europe.

Healey, who is also president of Healey Ford, said the new venture was looking at six sites, including the former Ansonia Copper & Brass plant as well as sites in West Haven, Waterbury and Meriden. For now Eurospeed will be headquartered at Healey's dealership.

www.conntact.com/article_page.lasso?id=40680

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On January 29, Ansonia auto dealer Mike Healey announced to a credulous crowd of 200 that a newly formed consortium called Eurospeed USA had begun site selection for assembly of motorcycles, motor scooters and other products manufactured in China for distribution in North America and Europe.

Healey, who is also president of Healey Ford, said the new venture was looking at six sites, including the former Ansonia Copper & Brass plant as well as sites in West Haven, Waterbury and Meriden. For now Eurospeed will be headquartered at Healey's dealership.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm...

I think Connecticut is still a great place to manufacture items. I just wish the state would realize that they need to be more BUSINESS FRIENDLY. I still think if they reduced the income tax -- and not raise it like Rell wants -- and make it a right to work state, business would move into Connecticut. Toyota announced that they are building another plant - this one is in Mississippi but 25 states were asking for it. I wondered if Connecticut ever thought of going for Toyota?

JimS

All the American companies are closing down auto plants. Chrysler is shutting one in Newark, Del. in a year or two. Meanwhile the foreign companies are all expanding over here.

And I seriously doubt Toyota considered moving anywhere near the Northeast simply due to the cost factor. Even though Bridgeport or Waterbury could hugely benefit from having an auto plant.

All the American companies are closing down auto plants. Chrysler is shutting one in Newark, Del. in a year or two. Meanwhile the foreign companies are all expanding over here.

And I seriously doubt Toyota considered moving anywhere near the Northeast simply due to the cost factor. Even though Bridgeport or Waterbury could hugely benefit from having an auto plant.

• 1 month later...

Archived