Grove Street School Illegal Demolition

jencoleslaw

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I walked by, just a couple of days ago, and noticed that the front door was wide open. I didn't remember it being like that before, so it caught my eye. Not sure if it has anything to do with anything, though.

And either way, this sucks. My dog walker called me at around 1pm, and told me that she had to re-route with the pooch because of all the emergency vehicles. I had no idea it was the Grove St. School.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got an unofficial update on Grove Street School litigation today. The defendants are arguing that they SHOULD have been able to get a demo permit and the judge is currently mulling that over. If he rules that it is true, that they should have been allowed to apply for a permit then that will be that, and they will get a permit, pay some wrist slap of a fine and tear the building down. What makes this even more unfortunate is that the funeral home has since changed hands, and the new owners have no interest in that property whatsoever. So, there is a very good possibility that the building will come down and the lot will sit there empty like so many lots in the neighborhood.

What's not to love?

• 1 month later...

Archived