Park Central

masons_dad1

Park Central will be a mixed-use development with residential, commercial, restaurants, a World Gym and a park feature.

The preliminary commercial development is an 18 acre site that will contain approximately 180,000 sq.ft. of lease space highlighted by a central octagon shaped 100,000 sq.ft. retail facility. The surrounding retail parcels will contain retail and restaurants. It is designed to be both pedestrian and automobile friendly. The site will accommodate up to 725 parking spaces. Phase 1 of the commercial construction is set to begin in Spring 2007. Residential construction is already underway.

The central octagon retail mall will host approximately 50,000 sq.ft. of retail space on the 1st floor and another 18,000 sq. ft.of retail space on the 2nd floor overlooking the 34,000 sq.ft. open center atrium. The structure will be highlighted by a brick and mortar facade, entry skylights, colored metal roofing that will provide an 8 foot perimeter roof overhang for pedestrian shelter, perimeter clerestory windows and the central atrium. The interior atrium will feature a custom designed water feature and design elements will highlight this interior 70 foot high cupola area. The interior will be highlighted by metal railings, exposed steel frames and clean architectural details and finishes. Surrounding the water feature will be a platform/stage area for future performances, displays and meetings, while the ample access into the atrium on the east end will allow for larger display items to be placed inside for display and events.

The low profile metal roof line will highlight the perimeter exterior 2nd story windows and the glass and metal cupola in the center. The mezzanine will benefit from the abundant natural light from these perimeter windows and will be an added attraction at night as the light will radiate from the mezzanine, transforming the ambience of the area.

The architecture of the central mall will be an integral part of the surrounding retail parcel design. Brick, metal, similar arch entries, metal roofing and window treatment will be similar to bring a feel of cohesion to the project site. This same type of design approach will be utilized for the States largest World Gym site to further strengthen the community theme. More land is available adjacent to this site on two sides if necessary.

Site Plans:

320316597_fd7b8a1330_o.jpg

320316598_3ed4db7920_o.jpg

Renders:

320316601_02829b6b97_o.jpg

320316603_89f8b89f32_o.jpg

320316607_8ea4bea606_o.jpg

The developer's website:

www.CharltonLLC.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suprisingly enough, you can literally see I-540 from Park Central. 71-B isn't too far from I-540 at Pleasant Grove Road.

This is also the development that will have the world's largest World Gym. I'll take a swing by it today to see the progress. Thanks for the info Mike, you've been getting good at finding info and renderings lately. :thumbsup:

Suprisingly enough, you can literally see I-540 from Park Central. 71-B isn't too far from I-540 at Pleasant Grove Road.

This is also the development that will have the world's largest World Gym. I'll take a swing by it today to see the progress. Thanks for the info Mike, you've been getting good at finding info and renderings lately. :thumbsup:

I haven't checked out the site in over a year, but as far as I know there's no recent news whether the orld Gym will actually be built there or not. I do know that the developer had requested an extension until spring of 2007 which was approved. I hope this development gets built because 71B is in need of some amenities like this. This could also help get Lowell's "new downtown" plans get into motion.

Archived